• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Samsung Galaxy S3 bluetooth pairing

I had a similar issue pairing my Jabra headset with my Galaxy S3. Turns out the issue was because my Jabra was already paired with my previous phone. I had to force my Jabra into pairing mode and presto, my S3 found it instantly. To force a Jabra into pairing mode, assuming it is turned off, press the universal button to turn it on and keep it pressed until the LED stops flashing and changes to a solid light. Turn on bluetooth on the S3 if off or re-scan if already on and Bob's your uncle. :D

Reactions: NikaStrika
Upvote 0
I have a Nokia CK-15W handsfree system fitted in my car - loudspeaker, microphone, screen, remote control - expensive. It has always worked with any Iphone or any other phone. Now my new Samsung Galaxy SIII cant pair at all. Nothing. Tried everything, upgrading, resetting ans so on. Asked Samsung and got the answer that they have changed to a new bluetooth system - maybe I should find another phone because this problem is major. Or maybe Samsung should fix it asap :mad:

Upvote 0
Alright folks! I had this problem with my Plantronics ML10 ear piece. I followed he instructions JJholt60 posted and voila! it worked:

"Turn off the Power Saving mode.

Try the following:
1. On your phone turn off the power saving mode go to "Settings > Power saving".
2. Next, turn on the phones bluetooth and power on the headset.
3. If the phone does not see your headset hold down the headset answer button and press the phones scan button.
4. Once the headset or device is paired choose Paired settings and make sure the Call audio is checked."

Thanks

Upvote 0
I had the same problem and finally fixed it. Firstly, I turned off the Galaxy S3 and then turned it back on (as opposed to simply restarting it). Next, I held down the multi-purpose button on the Jabra bluetooth as the Samsung S3 scanned for devices. This should call up an audio menu on the bluetooth. There was no need to use this menu, however, because soon after it started, the bluetooth was displayed on my Samsung Galaxy S3 as a paired device. Now, it works!

IT WORKS..!!!! thanx for sharing..
never thought that I need to HELD the button on the headset while my phone is scanning..

Upvote 0
Yeah -- it works the FIRST time you pair (for most folks) as it did for me. But then, when I come back, it does NOT pair. And the NOT pairing continues until I get fed up, remove the profiles and re-pair again from scratch. This phone has the worst BT pairing record of any smartphone I've ever owned!

Upvote 0
I had a similar issue pairing my Jabra headset with my Galaxy S3. Turns out the issue was because my Jabra was already paired with my previous phone. I had to force my Jabra into pairing mode and presto, my S3 found it instantly. To force a Jabra into pairing mode, assuming it is turned off, press the universal button to turn it on and keep it pressed until the LED stops flashing and changes to a solid light. Turn on bluetooth on the S3 if off or re-scan if already on and Bob's your uncle. :D

BINGO!!!
I have a Samsung WEP460 that was paired with my EVO. I turned it off; turned it on and continued to hold the button until I got a solid light while my phone was scanning for bluetooth devices.
Presto! It finally recognized the WEP460 and paired with it.
Now I'm happy. :)

Upvote 0
Yep I just got the S3 LTE (UK) having had a BB Torch.

Having major issues with bluetooth and email which is really getting on my nerves. No proper push email for Yahoo or my business email - major fail.

Bluetooth: Pairs and works fine with Jabra BT2070 headset. But has issues with Avantalk CK10B. The Avantalk won't connect after it's been turned off after the first pairing so you have to go through the whole pairing process again. Don't have time to do this. Never had this issue with any other phones (BB or Nokia, I don't do iPhone).

I'm wondering if it is something to do with the different bluetooth technologies used. Perhaps the bluetooth on the Avantalk is an older version to what is compatible with the S3.

Apart from those two issues the phone is fantastic.

Upvote 0
Got similar problem with sgs3 lte bought a month ago from tmobile. Did not realise there was a pairing issue till I bought another sgs3 lte for my wife on Saturday as well as a Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1
When trying to pair with any of the other devices a permission code comes up but when the OK to input code is pressed you are not able to put the code in.
Spoke to Samsung, in Ireland I think, who say it is a problem with "rSAP" whatever that is.
So looks like I've spent the best part of

Upvote 0
I had this problem with my Plantronics bluetooth and I found out I needed to hold down the button you press to answer a call on the bluetooth device. Make sure both the bluetooth and bluetooth option on the phone is turned on then press the answer button on the bluetooth until you hear "Pairing" (the little automated voice) then you should see your bluetooth appear as an option on your phone to connect to. Give it try!! :)

Upvote 0
"To force a Jabra into pairing mode, assuming it is turned off, press the universal button to turn it on and keep it pressed until the LED stops flashing and changes to a solid light."

I did that with my Nokia monoheadset. Hold the button (the only it have) until the light change the blinking stile. After that I just presed my Galaxy S3 for another search and the headset was there!!!

Upvote 0
Turn off the Power Saving mode.

Try the following:
1. On your phone turn off the power saving mode go to "Settings > Power saving".
3. If the phone does not see your headset hold down the headset answer button and press the phones scan button.
4. Once the headset or device is paired choose Paired settings and make sure the Call audio is checked.

This helped me. I turned off the power savings (don't know what it has to do with this, don't care). I then turned off bluetooth, and turned it back on. I then turned off the Jabra Talk and turned it back on. I saw it show up, and previously when I had tried to pair it, it told me that it couldn't pair because of an incorrect PIN. (no place provided to type in the pin suggested by Jabra).

It did that this time again, and then I HELD DOWN THE BLUETOOTH ANSWER BUTTON. It then paired and allowed it to connect to phone audio.

The first time i had it paired, it only connected to media audio, and would not allow me to check phone audio. So It was worthless.

Now, however, it's fixed. thanks all!

Upvote 0
Turn off the Power Saving mode.

Try the following:
4. Once the headset or device is paired choose Paired settings and make sure the Call audio is checked.

Upvote 0
I accidentally erased my phone using a "find my phone" app. I had to do a hard backup and restore. I was able to recover from my stupidity except for Bluetooth.

I pulled down the menu settings and found that "power saving" was on. Then I rebooted the phone. Turned on Bluetooth then the headset. I'm using a Plantronics M70. It paired without any problems. Thanks for the info. o_O:D

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones