1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Samsung Galaxy S3 Compatible With Cyanogenmod on Verizon Prepaid? (Help!)

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by bjf18, Nov 2, 2014.

1. bjf18

bjf18 Newbie

Hello, i wasnt sure where exactly to post this and i know the s3 is quite an out-of-date phone now. Now im new to the brand of Samsung however, im familiar with unlocking bootloaders, rooting, and ive worked with cyanogenmod before on an HTC device. anyways my question is since the S3 is so popular or just the galaxy's in that matter. My question is i notice that the developers have cyanogenmod for the S3 that is on just Verizon. Now i dont know if the models are different between Verizon and the prepaid Verizon. i read before that changing roms and cyanogenmod can change your baseband and mess up your carrier. so that being said, does anyone know if the cyanogenmod that was made for regular verizon will be compatible with the prepaid side of verizon phones? because i dont want to put it on my prepaid and it have the incorrect baseband or mess anything up that could possibly brick it. any comments would be greatly appreciated.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Madbat

Madbat Android Expert

All s3 builds for u.s are unified now. Builds are labeled d2lte. Tons of development and Roms.
    But I think Verizon s3 on 4.3 or 4.4.2 have locked bootloaders. You can root but no custom recovery or Roms. I could be wrong.

3. bjf18

bjf18 Newbie

Samsung Galaxy S3 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S3 release date was May 2012. Features and Specs include a 4.8" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4412 Quad processor, and 2100mAh battery.

May 2012
Release Date
Reviews