• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Samsung Galaxy S3 Ear buds / earphones

Is it just me or do these earphones make you feel like you have an ear full of water and your ears are plugged? No matter what I do I constantly hear myself breathe, I hear the headphones run against my shirt and every little sounds just sounds like I have plugged ears. I have constant headaches from using them overall I think this area of development.

Attachments

• s3-earbuds.PNG
    s3-earbuds.PNG
    879.4 KB · Views: 179
Is it just me or do these earphones make you feel like you have an ear full of water and your ears are plugged? No matter what I do I constantly hear myself breathe, I hear the headphones run against my shirt and every little sounds just sounds like I have plugged ears. I have constant headaches from using them overall I think this area of development.

id say every earbud head phones styled like that will be the same way. but some do come with different earbud sizes. it suppose to block out all other sound when your listing to music. you call always buy a different headset style.
but to me these headphones are good quality.

Upvote 0
I've always hated "ear buds." But, it's because the only ones I had ever tried were Apple's ear buds. They hurt my ears. I can't stand wearing them. So, I got some Bose Quiet Comfort 3 headphones. And, I like them very much.

BUT, I had to try the S3 ear buds just for the heck of it. And, they are MUCH better (than Apple's hard ear buds). I can actually wear the S3 ear buds comfortably.

Upvote 0

Jeez, I had to register, and send my first post JUST to say BBrian - you have described my experience of these earphones/buds better than I could ever have done myself! What is that about? I would rather hear some outside noise than my own breath (sometimes I think I can hear my blood circulating too), or the shirt-rubbing thing! PLUS, the dang things keep falling out.
I may be kicked out of this site on my first day by saying this, but give me my old iPhone earphones any day! (Sorry, I'll get my coat...)

Does anyone know if one can (at a reasonable price) buy a different style earphones that have the same functionality - remote call answering button, remote volume button etc?

Upvote 0
Jeez, I had to register, and send my first post JUST to say BBrian - you have described my experience of these earphones/buds better than I could ever have done myself! What is that about? I would rather hear some outside noise than my own breath (sometimes I think I can hear my blood circulating too), or the shirt-rubbing thing! PLUS, the dang things keep falling out.
I may be kicked out of this site on my first day by saying this, but give me my old iPhone earphones any day! (Sorry, I'll get my coat...)

Does anyone know if one can (at a reasonable price) buy a different style earphones that have the same functionality - remote call answering button, remote volume button etc?

I also use my iphone head phones. I don't know of any replacement as of yet that handles their features and functionality.

Upvote 0
I've noticed with earbuds like these that the sounds of the cord touching and rubbing against my clothing etc. is really bad with every new pair but after a day or two that seems to dissipate. Not sure if they just need to "soften" up a bit or maybe there's some kind of coating on the cords or what. Just my observation.

Upvote 0
I have come trying to resolve a similar issue. I found that the new Apple "Ear Pods" are great sounding with just about any source but of course only work properly in Apple devices...

Even with the ear pods connected, during a call, my S3 uses the speakerphone with no response from the in line mic or buttons at all. An older Apple headset worked more predictably, but I wish Samsung and Apple would "play nice" as the Ear Pods are the most comfortable and best sounding headset without the bulbs that never stay in.

Tried plenty of them and none of these Samsung style headsets work for me. Falling out of my ears at random and have cost me a lot only to be bested by a $30 option but can't make calls with them.

Beats Solo, BlackBerry Multimedia headset, Skull candy... All a waste of money. As for my original Samsung cans, I don't know where they went.

That's really annoying as they seem to be the only option for remote volume control on my GS3.

Upvote 0
I've always hated "ear buds." But, it's because the only ones I had ever tried were Apple's ear buds. They hurt my ears. I can't stand wearing them. So, I got some Bose Quiet Comfort 3 headphones. And, I like them very much.

BUT, I had to try the S3 ear buds just for the heck of it. And, they are MUCH better (than Apple's hard ear buds). I can actually wear the S3 ear buds comfortably.

I'm the opposite. The iphone style hard earbuds fit my ear perfectly and are very comfortable. However, the earbuds that came with my galaxy s3 are very painful to wear. If I put them in so that they don't fall out they cause a lot of pain, but resting them in my ear like I do with iphone headphones doesn't work. I wish they would just make something similar to the hard iphone headphones. it's obvious that not everyone's ears are the same, and yet I can not find any compatible headphones anywhere that I can wear without causing pain.

Upvote 0
problem is they're not vented, that's why hearing aids have an
air vent hole !

That is what I liked about the new Apple 'Ear Pods", they have a great sound despite not being a true in-ear design (which never seem to stay in for me) and for only a $30 gamble, they're great sounding but simply lack full compatibility with my GS3.

Right now I'm using a older set of Motorola ROKR series buds and they also do sound good while working fully with my GS3. It's a compromise I have to deal with but I'd just like to have a matching set to match my phone... I'm OCD in some ways. :eek:

Upvote 0
Myself - The S3 earbuds don't fit so well and seem cheaper in quality. I still have my original Galaxy S earbuds and love them (much better than the new ones).

Wish I had the chance to try the S III earbuds. I got robbed not knowing that a set were supposed to be in the box after the return window. I just get bounced back and forth between my carrier and Samsung which neither will step up to the plate and admit they screwed up.

In the end, it's a 'shame on me" issue for not noticing the missing earbuds. Finding a real OEM replacement has been rather tough as there are a lot of KIRF's (cheap knock-offs) imitating the real Samsung OEM part. Amazon and eBay have been the worst places ever to look (even fake flip covers are everywhere) so I might as well wait it out as much as I don't want to.

Upvote 0
Glad I saw this post! The Samsung earphones bother me as well. I need something similar to the iPhone earpods and where the controls actually work. I currently use the iPhone one but the volume controls don’t work so it’s tiresome to constantly reach for my phone to turn up/down the volume.

Does anyone have an alternative?

Upvote 0
These headphones aren't for everyone. I personally like them. They plug my ear so the outside world is gone. Yes, during quiet moments you can hear your breathing, or chewing, or the cord rubbing on things, but you learn to ignore it. Another thing I recommend is wrapping the wire behind and up over your ear and putting them in upside down. This way all of the tension is on the back part of your ear allowing the ear buds to sit nicely in your ear. They are designed to plug your ear and block out the outside. If you choose to wear them without plugging your ear, you will sacrifice a lot of the sound quality.

Upvote 0
I just wanted to ask what others think about the actual sound quality of these OEM headphones. I think I have a short now in the wire, but they still work in the right position. So anyway, I went to an electronic store at the airport and tried out multiple earbuds to replace them including Beats, UEs, DNAs, even Shure 535s just because, however I'm not spending $599 or whatever for headphones, and some other sets. I spent over an hour comparing the headphones and I personally found the DNAs would have been the best replacement. But then when I stood there going back and forth between the those and the Samsungs, there really wasn't that much of a difference. I listened to all types of music for the vocal quality, treble, and bass, and honestly, Samsung hung in there. I was really shocked...I don't know if I'm going deaf, but are these OEMs really that impressive? Are there any other headsets that would be a good replacement?

I agree with the OP about the noise when moving around and stuff, but I guess i'm just used to that noise so it doesn't bother me as much.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones