1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Samsung Galaxy S3 keyboard dissapears

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Araya3003, Dec 23, 2012.

1. Araya3003

Araya3003 Lurker

hi there, thanks for any help in advance! i just bought my Galaxy S3 and i have a major issue.

any time i am entering text, whether i'm txting, facebooking, emailing, navigating, googling, etc, the keyboard disappears while i'm typing. its very random and not consistent. sometimes i can type for 10 secs before it happens, sometimes 1 second. and after i tap in the text box to get the keyboard to reappear it may stay up again for a sec or 10 secs. this process goes on and on. as you can tell, it makes things very hard to do since i end up taping on whatever is behind the keyboard when it pops down, whether thats a link or the send button or whatever. even if i just sit there and don't touch anything the keyboard will go down on its own. and if i use speech-to-txt functions while it will cancel the recording while i'm talking. its almost like the "back" button is being pressed, but i dont have any issues with any other aspect of the phone. i never get backed out of an app or whatever.

I've tried a new firmware, other keyboard applications and factory reset, but problem persists.

I was hoping someone here could help me.

Thanks in advance

Regards

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

Samsung Galaxy S3 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S3 release date was May 2012. Features and Specs include a 4.8" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4412 Quad processor, and 2100mAh battery.

May 2012
Release Date
Reviews