• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Samsung Galaxy S3, moving apps

I read your instructions for moving an app icon to a different page in the apps. When I hold the icon for a few moments, it duplicates itself and moves to my home pages. I don't want it there, I want it on the apps pages.

You're following the directions for organizing apps on your home screens. With the stock Samsung UI, you can also organize your app drawer (that houses all of your installed apps) by opening the app drawer, hitting the menu button, and I think choosing Custom. That should allow you to organize them in the app drawer how you wish.

Upvote 0
As long as I understand you are wanting one of your screens to contain the apps that you move from your app drawer.

We call the main screen the home screen (the one that your phone defaults to), then the other screens are like pages (you can have up to 7) and then the app drawer is where you go to access every app on your phone.

I think this will help you, and I understand it is a steep learning curve but we are all here to help!!

PS: depending on your screen layout, you will never be able to fit all your apps on even 7 screens. I just add the apps I use often and then use the app drawer to access the lesser used apps.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones