1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Samsung Galaxy S3 Photo Recovery

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by ManBearPig619, Aug 19, 2012.

1. ManBearPig619

ManBearPig619 Lurker

I accidently deleted a few photos the other day, and I'm wondering if there is anyway I could recover these pictures back?

Any info is much appreaciated!

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. matttye

matttye Android Expert

You could mount your phone on your pc and use a file recovery program. I use "recuva" which is free.

3. Hmmm...would Recuva work on phones though?

Tip: Dropbox + auto upload feature is magic :)

cleanermonkey likes this.
  4. ManBearPig619

ManBearPig619 Lurker

I'm having trouble trouble 'mounting' my phone..when I connect phone to computer I only getc the basic two options of file transfer

5. Szadzik

Szadzik Extreme Android User

There is an app called Undelete in the Play Store

6. Grrman

Grrman Guest

Are you using the android file transfer application for Mac? You can select either option to transfer files/images, etc. But I found the best way on a Mac is to pull out he micro SD and use an adapter to transfer files/folders ontot he card. A bit of a pain but less aggravation overall.

7. ManBearPig619

ManBearPig619 Lurker

I don't got a mac, and I don't have my phone rooted. That's what the app undelete says it needs in order to work. So at this point I'm rather stumped.

8. breezex

breezex Member

Sorry I cannot help you if the photos were stored in the phone's internal memory. If they were stored on the external SDcard, then remove it, mount it on your PC and run any of several free recovery programs (just do a Google search).

This is a good reason to change the default storage location for photos from the internal to the external SDcard or at least mirror photos to Dropbox, Google+, or some other storage service.

9. ManBearPig619

ManBearPig619 Lurker

I have a theory, let me know what you think...
    Move over the folder containing all the picture s to a different drive or sd card and run a recovery program from there?

10. Shakthi

Shakthi Lurker

Anyone please suggest me to get my deleted photos back in samsung s3. I have download and installed the software (stellarphoniex) and UMS mass storage apk. But when i try to enable UMS mode it shows the message like " The device must be rooted. This will not work in unrooted device. Please anyone help me out to get my very important deleted photos. Thanks.

11. SUroot

SUroot Extreme Android User

UMS only works on external SD card, in which case you may as well get a card reader and do it that way.

if it is on the internal memory, sorry - They're gone forever

12. GTWalling

GTWalling Android Expert

Except that Google removed the Mass Storage Mode with ICS. The computer will not read it as a drive.

13. edwinkar01

edwinkar01 Lurker

Yes, it is possible to recover deleted photos from samsung galaxy S3 android phone. You may take a look at this step by step samsung galaxy photo recovery tutorial that helped me before:
    how to recover deleted photos from samsung galaxy phone

the tutorial is easy to follow and works well for me. Hope that it works for you too.

14. WAWood8

WAWood8 Well-Known Member

NO
    Don't think they ever explained why.

Samsung Galaxy S3 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S3 release date was May 2012. Features and Specs include a 4.8" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4412 Quad processor, and 2100mAh battery.

May 2012
Release Date
Reviews