1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Samsung Galaxy S3 - SD card unmounted

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Strawberry_s3, Jan 14, 2013.

1. Strawberry_s3

Strawberry_s3 Lurker
    None

Jan 7, 2013
    hi!

I got my Galaxy S3 Aug 2012. While in the USA was using my S3 and got the Jellybean update. I started to notice early Dec that it would unmount my SD card and since i have most files on my 32 BG class 10 card; i had zip on my mobile phone memory save for the important stuff.

there are days it would read the card but since Jan 2013 i would always have the SD card icon on top telling me it is blank or has unsupported files.

is this a problem with the Jellybean update? I have previously had the S3 checked but it was because my class 4 sd card could not handle the HD/HQ pics and videos i took hence the class 10 upgrade.

can i rollback before the jellybean? my boyfriend upgraded to jellybean last week and has since had the unmounted sd card problem.

i'm a newbie and i hope this is the proper place to post this query. thank you!
    help is much appreciated!

1.) Model Number ? GT-I9300
    2.) Firmware Version ? Android 4.1.1
    3.) Baseband Version ? I9300DXDLI
    4.) Kernel Version ? 3.0.31 -288630 s.infra@SEP-67 #1 SMP PREEMPT Mon Oct 8 12:58:21 KST 2012

5.) Build Number ? JRO 03C.I9300XXDLJ1

Also do you have a T-Mobile Data plan on your
    PayAsYouGo or FlexPay Plan? not applicable

Carrier? foreign - Globe Telecom

Country you are using your phone in ? Philippines

hi! i'm not sure if this issue was raised and i have not checked the other listings/threads but i noticed since the upgrade to 4.1.1 firmware the galaxy S3 goes through a stage where it unmounts my sd card and would not read anything on it. i would get constant notifications of the unmounting, trying to format and unreadable status of the SD card.

i had initially thought it was because i was using a class 4 micro SD card but i have since then replaced it with a class 10 32 BG micro sd. is this because of the latest firnware? is there something i can do about it? i have a friend who also upgraded to the latest firmware and gets the same problem.

thank you. would like to hear from you all.

Advertisement

2. Metroid Prime

Metroid Prime Oil Can!!! Oil Can!!!
    None

Feb 15, 2012
    Male
    Web Dev
    Texas
    Moved to Samsung Galaxy S3 section where it will get better answers and support. :)

Strawberry_s3 likes this.
  3. Camelot023

Camelot023 Newbie
    None

Oct 13, 2012
    had the same problem about a month ago. ended up replacing the card and has been fine ever since. so hopefully it was just a bad card. there are multiple threads talkingabout the s3 killing sd card, mainly 32 gig class 10..

Strawberry_s3 likes this.
  4. Strawberry_s3

Strawberry_s3 Lurker
    None

Jan 7, 2013

thanks Camelot! my boyfriend has a class 4 32 GB sd card and since the upgrade to Jellybean it unmounted the card.

i had previously changed my 32 GB class 4 card twice (Sandisk / Philips) since i thought it might have been the card. i got a 32 GB class 10 in the USA (Sandisk) and it worked fine for the 2 months i was in NYC. i came home dec and its been messing up since.

thank you for this feedback. i will check these threads. much appreciated. :)

5. CrimsonPride

CrimsonPride Android Expert
    None

Jul 28, 2010
    student
    north alabama
    I had the unmounted problem a few weeks ago right after i switched for my camera to save my pictures to the sd card. I came home and formatted it in my computer, and reinstalled all my music and have not had a problem since.

EDIT: Forgot to mention i have a 32GB sandisk ultra

6. Strawberry_s3

Strawberry_s3 Lurker
    None

Jan 7, 2013
    thank you

Metroid Prime likes this.