1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Samsung Galaxy S3 (T999V) country update

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by idoitfor, Jul 28, 2013.

1. idoitfor

idoitfor Lurker

Hello All,

I have been using this forum for help for month - first post. Thanks for all help to date!

I currently have a T999V version of the Galaxy 3. Originally it ran the T999VVLDLL1 / YVLDLL1 firmware of 4.1.1 (locked to Canada's Mobilicity carrier). I unlocked it via the *#197328640# trick to get around the Network Lock. I have since moved back to the USA, and am using a T-Mobile Sim, and want to get a few country-specific apps, but cannot due to the out-of-country firmware.

To get around this, would I be able to update only the CSC, or would I need to root a whole new firmware? If a new firmware is required, which should I pick?

Would the T-Mobile 4.1.1T999UVDLJA / TMBDLJA work - then re-unlock the device - before upgrading to the 4.1.2?

I have been getting my firmware from TSAR3000.com, feel free to browse if you are looking for inspiration!

SAMSUNG

Samsung Galaxy S3 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S3 release date was May 2012. Features and Specs include a 4.8" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4412 Quad processor, and 2100mAh battery.

May 2012
Release Date
Reviews