1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Samsung Galaxy S3 WiFi connections

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by ifli2, Aug 12, 2012.

1. ifli2

ifli2 Lurker

Love my new phone. Only issue so far is logging onto WiFi. At home (dual band router and access point with WPA2) set up was easy but my phone cycles between WiFi and AT&T 4g for a long time (perhaps 10 to 20 minutes) after power on or walking into coverage area. Concerned I took it to my local AT&T shop where the tech had a nice new red S3. He logged me onto their network and with the 2 phones side by side they cycled between WiFi and 4g. Any clue as to how to stop the scanning once a network has been identified particularly one with security? Thanks.:thinking:

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. gbiggie

gbiggie La patience et le pardon

Welcome to Android Forums ifli2:)
    Any device I have had immediately stops scanning once a WiFi point has been secured. Not sure why it does not with your device.
    Going to move this over to the S3 forum to see if we can find a solution for you :thumbup:

3. rborelli

rborelli Well-Known Member

BUMP

I just got my S3 yesterday and I am noticing the same thing. Even though it is connected to my network it continues to scan every 5 or 7 seconds. Any fix?

Thanks
    Bob

Samsung Galaxy S3 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S3 release date was May 2012. Features and Specs include a 4.8" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4412 Quad processor, and 2100mAh battery.

May 2012
Release Date
Reviews