• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Samsung Galaxy S3...

Im going to get an upgrade using my brothers upgrade ...Give me a guess base on experience on past phones and base on the 32gb Gs3

hope is $199.99(upgrade) but something tells me not gonna happen

I doubt there will be a 32gb on Sprint. 16GB +32/64GB sd card for $199. That seems to be Sprints price point. So, I'd expect 200.

Upvote 0
Why do you doubt there will be 32GB on Sprint?

I just think that Sprint will try to keep the 200 dollar price point on their phones (unlike Verizon who is now charging 300 for a lot of their new releases) and with the 16GB version it will be easier for Sprint to do that. But, who knows? I have no reference, just my own speculation.

Upvote 0
I just think that Sprint will try to keep the 200 dollar price point on their phones (unlike Verizon who is now charging 300 for a lot of their new releases) and with the 16GB version it will be easier for Sprint to do that. But, who knows? I have no reference, just my own speculation.

I understand what your saying. But looking at how Sprint has four versions of the iPhone, anything is possible. Sprint is selling the 8gb iPhone for $99, 16gb for $199, 32gb for $299, and the 64gb for $399. I'm hoping they do the same with the GS3, starting with the $199 16gb phone. I'm hoping to get the 64gb if they offer it. But of course we won't know anything until Sprint tells us.

Upvote 0
I understand what your saying. But looking at how Sprint has four versions of the iPhone, anything is possible. Sprint is selling the 8gb iPhone for $99, 16gb for $199, 32gb for $299, and the 64gb for $399. I'm hoping they do the same with the GS3, starting with the $199 16gb phone. I'm hoping to get the 64gb if they offer it. But of course we won't know anything until Sprint tells us.

I hear ya, I just think that Apple products are a little different... We all know how controlling Apple is. I doubt Apple leaves the carriers much choice on what they can sell and how it can/will be marketed.

Upvote 0
I hear ya, I just think that Apple products are a little different... We all know how controlling Apple is. I doubt Apple leaves the carriers much choice on what they can sell and how it can/will be marketed.

You have a good point there about Apple. Sprint can't even do any repairs to the iPhone. They are definitely controlling.

Reactions: BenChase7
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
How funny. Everybody posting links to S3 specs.
Bursting at the seams to let it out. Like you're the only one that knows. Like we can't google "Samsung S3 Specs" ourselves.
Like you're the first to know, which makes you smarter, more in the know.
Like seeing the movie first, and it's killing you to be shushed when you want to say what happens next. Because you know, and you want them to know that you know.

And the posts that have mis-information (1.5ghz? not.)(mine is)? If it says "rumored", boring.

Sorry to spoil the mood.
I think the S3 is the baddest phone in the universe (not a rumor), and I want one, too.
But mine was the baddest a few months ago (IMO), the S before that; and the S4 in the months to come (my own rumor).

We love our phones, think they do all we need them to, until the new one comes out.
Then our phone sucks, because it doesn't do what we need, like the new one does.

We didn't know that we needed it until we found out that it could do it.
Suddenly, the $600 cap of last year is a $850 cap this year. But not a penny more.

And lets face it. We don't need half the stuff these new phones can do. But we do need is to show our friends what our phone can do. That's what makes us better than them.
I am better than you because your phone can't do what my phone can do.

My new housekeeper has an Evo (2 yr old I think she said).
She broke it out to check the time after she saw mine sitting there.

She said she needed to buy the new Evo because this one is running out of room.(?)
I said, "Oo. Can I see it?" She tripped at how fast I found out that the extsd has room for 6 more gigs worth of stuff. The Internal has 24mb left to play with.
I quickly shared an app2sd market link via sms to her phone from my phone and told her to download it.
I watched out the corner of my eye as she struggled to understand what had just happened, and also at what I told her to do.

I only had her phone in my hand for a moment; I don't know why her phone only has 24mb of free space. But, apparently it wasn't from too many apps:

SHE HAS HAD AN EVO FOR 2 YEARS AND HAS NEVER INSTALLED AN APP!!
SHE DOESN'T KNOW WHAT ONE IS!!

And that makes about 10 people I know that have a smartphone but don't know what an app is.
What do you do with a smartphone if you don't download apps? I don't know.

Anyway, people are strange, and so am I.

Oh. MY link is the best one:

(Just kidding)

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencet...ed-launch-Android-smartphone-sale-May-29.html

Reactions: dan330
Upvote 0
How funny. Everybody posting links to S3 specs.
Bursting at the seams to let it out. Like you're the only one that knows. Like we can't google "Samsung S3 Specs" ourselves.
Like you're the first to know, which makes you smarter, more in the know.
Like seeing the movie first, and it's killing you to be shushed when you want to say what happens next. Because you know, and you want them to know that you know.

And the posts that have mis-information (1.5ghz? not.)(mine is)? If it says "rumored", boring.

Sorry to spoil the mood.
I think the S3 is the baddest phone in the universe (not a rumor), and I want one, too.
But mine was the baddest a few months ago (IMO), the S before that; and the S4 in the months to come (my own rumor).

We love our phones, think they do all we need them to, until the new one comes out.
Then our phone sucks, because it doesn't do what we need, like the new one does.

We didn't know that we needed it until we found out that it could do it.
Suddenly, the $600 cap of last year is a $850 cap this year. But not a penny more.

And lets face it. We don't need half the stuff these new phones can do. But we do need is to show our friends what our phone can do. That's what makes us better than them.
I am better than you because your phone can't do what my phone can do.

My new housekeeper has an Evo (2 yr old I think she said).
She broke it out to check the time after she saw mine sitting there.

She said she needed to buy the new Evo because this one is running out of room.(?)
I said, "Oo. Can I see it?" She tripped at how fast I found out that the extsd has room for 6 more gigs worth of stuff. The Internal has 24mb left to play with.
I quickly shared an app2sd market link via sms to her phone from my phone and told her to download it.
I watched out the corner of my eye as she struggled to understand what had just happened, and also at what I told her to do.

I only had her phone in my hand for a moment; I don't know why her phone only has 24mb of free space. But, apparently it wasn't from too many apps:

SHE HAS HAD AN EVO FOR 2 YEARS AND HAS NEVER INSTALLED AN APP!!
SHE DOESN'T KNOW WHAT ONE IS!!

And that makes about 10 people I know that have a smartphone but don't know what an app is.
What do you do with a smartphone if you don't download apps? I don't know.

Anyway, people are strange, and so am I.

Oh. MY link is the best one:

(Just kidding)

Samsung Galaxy S3 release date revealed at launch: Android smartphone to go on sale May 29 | Mail Online

Rather funny, but probably very true. I definitely know many people with smart phones that don't even know about google maps!
Why do I need to upgrade from my DX?
1) I do want HDMI out to a TV that allows me to use my phone and tv at the same time. Currently when outputing to a tv, the phone screen isn't active.
2) Tired of the poor speaker phone
3) It is pretty laggy and resets often.
Other than that, I really just want a new phone.
I don't need:
4.8 HD screen
more storage, 32gb is fine. 16gb is not.
more than one day's battery on a day to day basis (travel is completely different). Everyone likes more, but I charge nightly.
Thinner
Lighter
So, no I don't really "need" much other than items 1-3 above. However, if I'm going to upgrade, I "want" all the goodies and I can honestly say, for "myself". I'm definitely not one to show my phone to anyone except the occasionally iPhone person to put them in their place when I get to hearing them constantly bragging about how great it is. My DX is as good as an iPhone less the lag/reset.

Reactions: sleedeane
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones