1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Samsung Galaxy S3

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by druidsxiv, Dec 17, 2012.

1. druidsxiv

druidsxiv Lurker

Hello! Have a problem with my Galaxy S3. It reads my incoming sms and I want to turn it off but do not know how. Hoping for help from someone here on the forum. Please someone help me, mail me at druidsxiv@gmail.com

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. jdk2

jdk2 Well-Known Member

Driving Mode is on.

3. druidsxiv

druidsxiv Lurker

Please Guide me where I turn it off!!!

Ok, Found driving mood but it is not on. So why it reading my SMS?? Please help...

4. Pookeysgirl

Pookeysgirl Well-Known Member

Settings -> Language and Input -> Text to Speech Output -> Driving Mode (at the bottom)

5. druidsxiv

druidsxiv Lurker

6. SUroot

SUroot Extreme Android User

Yes, may be you have installed Lightflow or Tasker? or TAlkBack is on. Check Settings > Accessibility for any of these 3 entries being on.

Pookeysgirl likes this.
  7. Pookeysgirl

8. druidsxiv

druidsxiv Lurker

Hello again, a huge thank you, because you are trying to help me. During Accessibility> Services, I have TalkBack but it is also "off" ......

9. phil75231

phil75231 Well-Known Member

Well, the answer seems obvious to me. Your phone is really a Transformer. A pretty talkative one at that, it seems.

10. Pookeysgirl

You don't have Lightflow or Tasker installed (as SUroot mentioned below)?

11. sherlock5545

sherlock5545 Android Expert

Also, I would remove that email address from the first post. It's a tasty food for spam bots.

12. druidsxiv

druidsxiv Lurker

No, none of them. What I can see under Language and Input> Text-to-speech output, Google text-to-speech enabled. But it should not, affect my text message, or ...

13. dan330

dan330 Extreme Android User

well.. i might be an app you installed. but we do not know what you installed.

if you can take a screen shot of your app drawer (what you have downloaded)... and to show us what apps you have installed. we can start guessing with you.

14. SUroot

SUroot Extreme Android User

driving mode?

Samsung Galaxy S3 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S3 release date was May 2012. Features and Specs include a 4.8" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4412 Quad processor, and 2100mAh battery.

May 2012
Release Date
Reviews