1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

samsung galaxy S3

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by littleq, Dec 14, 2013.

1. littleq

littleq Lurker

I bought my samsung galaxy S3 about 4 months ago. I noticed 2 weeks ago that my battery drains very quickly at my workplace (within 4-5 hours); there's no issue when I'm at home. I tried different things like shutting off the wifi, taking the battery out for reset, but it doesn't work. Leaving the phone on the charger doesn't help either, the battery still drains. By the time I leave work my phone is completely drained. I don't use or download apps, phone or text usage is very low, I usually answer a couple of calls that are under a minute. I don't have my screen brightness very high, no Bluetooth or anything else on or connected. I've always had my phone with me at work without any issues until recently. My carrier Fido couldn't help other than to ask to drop it off for a few days. I'd prefer avoiding this if I could. Can anyone advise? Thanks!

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. funkylogik

funkylogik share the love peeps ;)

Have you tried disabling mobile data? Also when you look at the battery stats, theres a colour coded line Just below the graph showing how strong the signal was at a certain time, does it show a weak signal at the time you were at work? Apart from the screen, the radios can be a huge battery chewer in a poor signal area :thumbup:

3. funkylogik

funkylogik share the love peeps ;)

You can see from my stats im in a terrible area uploadfromtaptalk1387052354895.jpg strong would be green

P.s. i would edit the thread title to something like "intermittent battery drain?" Or something since its an s3 forum lol :p
    And welcome to our community :beer::beer:

4. littleq

littleq Lurker

Thanks for your reply, I'll try this tomorrow when I'm work.

Samsung Galaxy S3 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S3 release date was May 2012. Features and Specs include a 4.8" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4412 Quad processor, and 2100mAh battery.

May 2012
Release Date
Reviews