• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

samsung galaxy s3

A

Android Question

last night my phone ran out of battery, howvver wheni tried pugging the charger in nothing happend. Me thinkng that the fuse or the charger had broken i tired multiple differnt chargers in differnt sockets. So i came to a conclusion that it was niether the charger, fuse or socket. My next thought was to take the battery out for a few mins. blow on it then put it back in. Meanwhile i was getting fairly fustrated and annoyed as i have important and valuble school work on my phone. After i had tried this a few times i placed the battery back into the phone correctly, plugged the charger in and held down both the volume and power button i did this for approx. 2-3 mins. Here is when i gave up and just left my phone with the charger attached for the night, hoping that in the morning it would miracuously be fixed. I was wrong. So waking up this morning i purchased a new sumsung galaxy s3 battery. Meanwhile last night i had thought of all the possabilities to why my phone was playing up. Could it be that i had gone in the bath last night and steam could have perhaps enterd. This was my only other alternative as wheni opend up the back of the phone the night before it was slightly damp.
Sorry for the long explanation hope you can help, as i would be gratful on any useful idead on what i should do.

It could easily be water damage from the steam. I avoid taking my phone into the bathroom as I had similar issues years ago that came from just living in a very humid climate.

Might be worth leaving the phone in some dry (uncooked) rice overnight to try to remove any remaining moisture.

If you could actually see moisture inside the phone, the water detection dots will almost certainly have triggered so I'm afraid your warranty is probably dead and worse, Samsung will probably refuse to repair the phone at all :(

Hopefully, everything will work with the new battery

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones