1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Samsung Galaxy S4 Battery liquid

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by amazarashi, Jul 24, 2016.

1. amazarashi

amazarashi Lurker
    None

Jul 24, 2016
    I bought a used Samsung Galaxy S4 GT-I9505 which came with a GT-I9500 battery not too long ago and noticed that the battery drains quickly, I was updating about 7 apps from google play store and it consumed about 7-8% of the battery and when I browse on google chrome or any other app I lose about 4% in 10 minutes, out of curiosity I opened the back of my phone and removed the battery and saw a weird liquid in the place where I put the battery and this happened twice. Can you please tell me what this weird liquid is and is the quick battery draining related or is it a problem from the S4 ?
    I don't know if I need to buy a new battery because idk where the problem comes from

Advertisement

2. lvt

lvt Android Expert

Jan 30, 2013
    Male
    Paris <--> Taipei
    The S4 is an old model, you probably need to replace the battery.

Jfalls63 likes this.
  3. mikedt

mikedt 你好

Sep 22, 2010
    Teachaaa
    Jinan, China
    Whatever it is, it's likely WARNING: This product contains a chemical known to the state of California to cause cancer, and is very toxic as it's come from an evidently decomposing lipo battery. It's most likely the lithium-salt electrolyte that's leaking. Does the battery appear to be bulged?

Well you definitely need to buy a new battery, and dispose of the old one in a responsible manner, and try and clean the mess as best you can. Try not to touch the liquid and residue, and definitely wash your hands afterwards. DO NOT get it in your eyes!

S4 batteries are widely available.

#3 mikedt, Jul 24, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 24, 2016
    Jfalls63 likes this.