• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Samsung Galaxy S4 GT-I9506 Singapore

Hi,I have model I9506 S4
after dialing *#1234# i'w got:
AP: I9506XXUBND2
CP: I9506XXUBMK7
CSC: I9506OLBBND1
I know that i should download firmware from Singapore,but here is 3 options on SamMobile:

Singapore (SingTel)
Singapore (StarHub)
Singapore

Which one should i chose and download,update via Odin?

Thank u soo much!
All 5.0.1

If your phone is locked to either SingTel or StarHub - you have no choice. Checking on Sam Mobile site - your AP & CSC is only available for Singapore (XSP) (SingTel) & (StarHub) and is Android Version 4.3 Jellybean. These Telcos have not got a later Android version update yet according to SamMobile.
Are you already running Android Version 5.0.1 Lollipop?
Why do you need a Download?

Upvote 0
Which carrier are you currently using? You'll need to use the ROM that matches your carrier so it's not a matter of which, they are not a mix and match kind of thing. Looking at willmyphonework.net, your model can work with four carriers in Singapore:
GT-i9506.jpg
Does that match up with the one you're using?
Along with sammobile, there's also updato. Both are good sources to download verified Samsung stock ROMs. (Just a minor caveat for sammobile, it does restrict the bandwidth speed of its download servers so even if you have a fast connection on your end, it can take while as Samsung ROMs are typically 1GB+ is size.)
sammobile
https://www.sammobile.com/firmwares/galaxy-s4-lte-a/GT-I9506/
updato
http://updato.com/firmware-archive-...singapore&exact=1&r=MM1,XSP,SIN,STH&v=&rpp=15

Upvote 0
@svim, thanks for the updato link. I couldn't find the correct Firmware for my i9506 at Sammobile, but the exact firmware I needed was at updato.
For the users reading this - it took me several hours to flash the firmware. I had to repeat the process numerous times including changing between USB connectors on the comp and USB cables, recharging the battery and exiting Odin and restarting afresh multiple times. Perseverance paid off in the end and my phone is functioning like new again. I've always found firmware I wanted previously at sammobile - thanks again.

Further update: Phone is now running Android 7.1 (CyanogenMod 14.1-20161031-UNOFFICIAL-ks01ltexx). All running sweetly so far.:cool:

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones