1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Samsung galaxy s4 home button concern.

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by nmsakuma, Jan 3, 2014.

1. nmsakuma

nmsakuma Lurker

when I first got my s4, the home button felt great and it was really pressable, after 2 months of usage , now it feels hard and if I don't press it for a long time. It makes a weird cracky noise, is it worn out and broken ?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Rukbat

Rukbat Extreme Android User

SOMETHING is wrong with it, but it sounds more like what the button is pressing on than the button itself. (Although the back of the button could be crumbling - that would cause something like that effect.) It's 2 months old, so it's under warranty - contact Samsung.

3. jejb

jejb Well-Known Member

There were some reports of this happening on other S4's a few months ago. It should be covered under warranty.

4. bobolinko

bobolinko Well-Known Member

You might want to try some canned air blow outs before going the exchange route. Get a can and lay the phone on a smooth surface with a clean cloth on it. blow the button area using the canned air, and be SURE you DO NOT turn the can upside-down when you're doing this. It'll cause liquid to come out of the tube and could cause a blemish on your case. When you blow the air, try pressing the button over and over while the air is blowing, and do the both sides from end-to-end. Some "pocket Lint" or dust might have gotten between the button walls. iif the air pressure from the can drops low, warm the can under warm water to get the liquid inside to re-pressurize the contents, and continue doing the "Blow-job" :>)
    Aloha and Good Luck!

Samsung Galaxy S4 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S4 release date was April 2013. Features and Specs include a 5.0" inch screen, 13MP camera, 2GB RAM, Exynos 5410 Octa processor, and 2600mAh battery.

April 2013
Release Date
Reviews