• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Samsung Galaxy S4 sales disappointing

For some reason, the S4 sales didn't take off in the way everyone anticipated. I would have thought that fact would most likely increase the chances of Samsung pushing out something new earlier in attempt to recapture those sales.

Not that Samsung are hurting: didn't they overtake Apple as the most profitable phone manufacturer last quarter (before the iP5s release)? I would guess that last year's S3 still outsells the (way better IMHO) HTC One.

Sadly, HTC are not doing nearly so well having just made their first ever quarterly loss.

Upvote 0
I would think that after significant initial sales - like mine and supported by the affectionado and intelligencia, who appreciated the great technology and possibilities, that the sales slowed quickly with the advent of the locked down and out release of 4.3 which quickly was publicized. [I came from a wide open google nexus and am very disappointed as to how to deal with the after sales restrictions placed on the S4.] I understand the need to displace BB in the secure market but it could have been possible for Samsung to branch consumer and secure and allow the 'players' joy and the Secure assurance. It could have been both, not just one. Knox will be Samsungs hard knocks.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones