1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

samsung galaxy s4

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by Android Question, Jan 14, 2014.

1. Android Question

None
    my sons phone is using data like crazy. i spoke to a verizon TS person and they say just turn off data usage. so that he is just using wifi. well that doesnt give me a real fix. about why it using data from my monthly plan. now he is having a problem when he turns dat usage back on it doesnt enen connect to the wifi connection.

Advertisement

2. Mr. Lucky

Mr. Lucky Android Expert
    None

Oct 27, 2011
    business owner
    SoCal
    If your son is using social media apps (e.g., Google +, Facebook, Twitter), it is normal to have heavy data consumption as they are always "on." You can somewhat mitigate this by using the Web interface instead of the apps. You can also go into Settings > Connections > Data usage, and either restrict background data usage by pressing the Menu soft-button and then checking "Restrict background.." or, do it to individual apps in the scrolling list by selecting them and then checking "Restrict background data." You also have the ability on this page to set a mobile data limit, which will deactivate data when the cap you set (by sliding the base of the vertical white bars) is reached.