1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Samsung Galaxy S5 annoying problems (Pls Help!)

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Tekea A, Nov 4, 2014.

1. Tekea A

Tekea A Lurker

Dear All,
    Greetings!

I have bought new Galaxy S5 smartphone (Model No. SM-G900F & Build No. DONGCHAO.V1) a week ago from Guangzhou, China and took it to my homeland Ethiopia, Africa. Since then i have been facing 2 annoying problems.

1. I can't use internate on my phone unless i enable the "Data Roaming" option. And,
    2. My Laptop couldn't detect the phone after i connected it with a USB cable.

Regarding those problems, i have been googling almost everyday and done the below things accordingly;

For the 1st problem, i have read that samsung released the new product Galaxy S5 with a Region-locked restriction and a minimum of 5 minutes call should be made in the required state or country to unlock the phone and prior to use it out of that country.

But, when i bought my phone i told the seller that i need an unlocked one and he told me it is unlocked. Even after i inserted a new our country SIM card my phone worked well and i have been calling and sending/receiving text messages without any problem. The only problem is i can't browse internet unless i enable the "Data Roaming" option. And, i can't stand the excessive data charge. (I even restricted background data to avoid unnecessary charge).

WHAT DO YOU SUGGEST ME????

And, when we come to the second problem, i have noticed that most of Galaxy S5 users have experienced similar problem when connecting the phone to computer for the first time. After i googled for several times i found similar post and installed Samsung USB driver in my computer. And, after that the PC notification panel shows me that the device is ready for use but i can't see the phone in my computer explorer. Plus, i see nothing in the phone's notification. (no connection indication and no MTP of Camera connection status is displayed).

WHAT DO YOU SUGGEST ME????

I really insist your fastest & valuable advice.

Thank you all in advance for spending your time & helping me!!!

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. DonB

DonB ♡ Truth, Justice and the American Way !! ♡ ™

Moved to the S5 section got you for better support ;)

Tekea A likes this.
  3. dequelo

dequelo Well-Known Member

I recommend you taking the phone to your carrier and discussing the data situation. Maybe you need a new SIM card...

As for the phone not showing in Windows explorer, can you see the phone in device manager?

Tekea A likes this.
  4. acraftylady

acraftylady Android Enthusiast

All I can say is I had not trouble with my phone finding my desktop or my laptop. Once I plugged it in Verizon installed the necessary stuff and I could browse the phones drive. You really should talk to your carrier. Mary

Tekea A likes this.
  5. AZgl1500

AZgl1500 Extreme Android User

Tekea A likes this.
  6. Tekea A

Tekea A Lurker

Thank you all for your advice & suggestion!!!

What if i company reset my Galaxy S5? Will everything go back OK? Or, the Phone will be locked again?

And, @ AZgl1500,

What does it mean that "I had to Delete the USB drivers on my Win7 PC"? Please elaborate.

Tnx

7. jj14x

jj14x Android Expert

In windows, open the device manager (in control panel/administrative tools/Computer management).

Occasionally, an Android device may show up as ACER ADB device. If you see that, right click on the entry and uninstall. Then, plug your phone back in to your USB port and let it auto-install the drivers.

If your device is not showing up as an ACER ADB device, look for the driver for it (expand the various nodes in the device manager). When you find it, right click on it and uninstall it. Plug your phone back in and let it auto-install the drivers.

Tekea A likes this.
  8. Tekea A

Tekea A Lurker

Wooooooooo!!!!!

The USB connection problem is successfully solved!

When i discussed with my friend, he told me that he had also the same problem with his Samsung Galaxy S3 phone and he solved it by dialing *#0808# code and then by enabling MTP + ADB USB Setting from the setting option that will pops-up after dialing the code.

I have tried the code in my S5 and it worked. Boooooom!!!!

Now, my laptop easily detect the phone and a samsung mobile icon is also visible in my computer explorer.

Finally, i am left with only the "Data Roaming" problem.

Thanks all for your relentless support!!!

Samsung Galaxy S5 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S5 release date was April 2014. Features and Specs include a 5.1" inch screen, 16MP camera, 2GB RAM, Snapdragon 801 processor, and 2800mAh battery.

April 2014
Release Date
Reviews