1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Samsung Galaxy S5 problems with phone!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Bognerman, Jul 3, 2017.

1. Bognerman

Bognerman Newbie

Hi all,

I recently started experiencing problems with my S5 which is a little over a year old. The phone started losing charge faster than usual, then I noticed it wasn't always charging. When connecting the cable to charge, I have to sit it in there sort of on an angle to get it to connect and charge, wiggle it a bit to get it to charge and even then, doesn't always work. I was to switch to a smaller USB 2.0 cable but that didn't work either. With that cable it looks like it is charging but the percentage numbers drop.
    The other issue is the large button on the front of the phone. I have to press harder and harder to get it to work.
    I am thinking I should take the phone to a phone repair center and or buy a wireless charging kit. Any suggestions. Why would I have 3 big problems after only a little over a year.
    So, the issues are, doesn't hold a charge, charge port not working correctly and front button is hard to use.

Thanks all!
    Rich

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. philayl

philayl Android Expert

Hi, where are you, if you are Uk based the phone comes with a 2 year warranty, just take it to a Samsung repair centre or send it off. Phil

3. Bognerman

Bognerman Newbie

My phone is out of warranty. I checked.

The bigger problem now is the Home button is sticking terribly and in have to press down hard to get it to respond. Ugh.

I tried alcohol to clean it and DeOxit.
    No luck.

4. philayl

philayl Android Expert

Hi, afraid if you don't want to take it to a repair shop the only answer is to strip the phone down yourself and check it out, whatever you decide to do I hope you get it sorted. Phil

5. Bognerman

Bognerman Newbie

Thanks....
    I am taking it to a repair center. The smaller charger is working well so I am not going to get a wireless charger.
    Main probe now is the sticking home button and the fact that it is hard to press now.

Samsung Galaxy S5 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S5 release date was April 2014. Features and Specs include a 5.1" inch screen, 16MP camera, 2GB RAM, Snapdragon 801 processor, and 2800mAh battery.

April 2014
Release Date
Reviews