1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support samsung galaxy S5 screen lag after factory reset

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by zettus21, Mar 14, 2016.

1. zettus21

zettus21 Lurker
    None

Mar 14, 2016
    Male
    Hi everyone!

I'm using a Samsung Galaxy S5 Active AT&T ( Android 5.0 lollipop), and I accidentally drop it from my desk a few days ago, I pick it up and didn't appear to have any cosmetic damage at all, the phone was off, so I turn it on immediately, but notice that the booting animation was REALLY slow (aprox 5 frames per second), and now it has lag everywhere using any app (but the sounds are unaffected somehow), even the charging animation has lag.
    I did a factory reset and wipe the cache several times, but the lag continues (or got worse), the phone is not Rooted, and lollipop was already installed in the phone (I haven't updated android).

I know that maybe the fall its not responsible for the lag, but It seems too much of a coincidence.
    what do you guys think? its a software problem or a Hardware problem?

Sorry for the noob language, its my first post. Thanks in advance!

Advertisement

2. zettus21

zettus21 Lurker
    None

Mar 14, 2016
    Male
    Updade: I downgrade my phone to 4.4 Kitkat and the problem persist (the same general lag), So now Im pretty sure its a Hardware problem

3. svim

svim Android Expert

Dec 19, 2013
    Illinois
    I'm only tentatively suggesting the following on the remote chance it will make a difference. Pop off the back cover and remove the battery. Leave it out for several minutes. If there's some odd hardware glitch this will nullify it. A reset still involves the motherboard to have power during the shutdown/reboot process, pulling the battery is the only way to remove power completely. Since the back cover is off, you might as well re-seat your SIM and microSD card too. If one of them became dislodged when you dropped the phone there might be an intermittent connection issue tied to the slow startup. (Kind of a stretch but again, these are just tentative suggestions.)
    If you're feeling really ambitious and want to do a partial tear-down of your S5, there are several press-fit connectors that you might want to re-seat. Since there are no moving parts in your phone I'm still taking a guess that maybe a loose connection is tied to that sluggish startup.
    https://www.ifixit.com/Guide/Samsung+Galaxy+S5+Active+Motherboard+Replacement/33967

MLSS likes this.
  4. zettus21

zettus21 Lurker
    None

Mar 14, 2016
    Male
    thanks for the suggestion svim.
    I tried removing the battery and waiting several hours, also without microSD and SIM, but it didn't help.
    Im convinced that it is a Hardware problem, Im going to send the phone to Samsung for repair.