• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Samsung galaxy s5, sony experia z3 or lg g3. Cant decide which to get?

Jakeh1989

Lurker
Oct 5, 2014
Hi

My contract ends this month and for the first time i might pay a little extra on my contract and go for something decent but am having a hard time deciding. I am no technology buff i know very little about the phones in question apart from a few things i've read but i am torn so opinions needed please.

Samsung galaxy s5?
The mrs had an s2, really liked the device and as far as i know samsung phones have a good reputation.

Sony experia z3?
Like the sound of the waterproofing and the 20.7mp camera

Lg g3?
Know the least about this phone but the guy in the phone shop said its what he would go for and the screen resolution was really impressive.

Any input would be really appreciated as i am very confused and unsure thanks

Welcome to the forums, Jakeh1989. :wavey:
I moved your thread to the Device Comparison forum.
TBO, you really can't go wrong with any of those phones. I'm still on a G2 and love it to this day. The G3 would be a fine upgrade for me, but I think the screen res is just a bit overrated. Despite it's high PPI it's still pretty dim compared to the S5's.

Upvote 0
The S5 is dust and waterproof too. So either way you'd be fine. Although I'm more concerned on the Z3's apparently glass back, which makes the battery non-replaceable. I'd prefer a replaceable one.

As for specs, meh, apart from the S5 having a 16MP camera, hardware is nearly the same. They even have the same CPU and GPU.

Either way, whichever you buy, you'd be doing good.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones