1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Samsung Galaxy S5

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Findface, Oct 13, 2014.

1. Findface

Findface Lurker

Hello all :)

I bought a Samsung Galaxy S5 which is without an operator so I can use any provider.

When I start up the mobile phone as it comes up Ads for "Movistar" so are the state-owned operator in Spain.

Is it in any way and remove this ad? This is not something I want and have my S5 and it is tragic that those entering it on phones.

Best Regards

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. BRAINZ2013

BRAINZ2013 Extreme Android User

Hello and welcome to the forums. You say its not activated on any carrier if you getting ads something is wrong. maybe your still receiving some sort of data .

3. Findface

Findface Lurker

Thanks for that :)

I suspect the guy I bought the mobile he bought it unlocked and sold it as open to all operators. He applied a bit online and suspicion was strengthened. So do not know what I should do or if I should just leave it as it is.

4. BRAINZ2013

BRAINZ2013 Extreme Android User

You say it was carrier unlocked . now if that is so power off the device and check to see if the sims card is in the slot . if so remove while power is off and with the sims removed power the s5 back on and tell me what it say on the screen

5. AZgl1500

AZgl1500 Extreme Android User

There is probably an application on the phone that is activated during start up.

Go into Settings/apps/app mgr/Downloaded

most likely it will show up there because it surely was not put on there by Samsung. Once you find it, Uninstall it.

If you don't find something funny there, goto Go into Settings/apps/app mgr/ALL

That will show everything on the phone regardless of how it got there.
    the list is extremely long as it shows all of the system files

6. philayl

philayl Android Expert

Hi, you probably need to flash unbranded firmware for your model phone, and your country, as you have not provided this info it's difficult to help further. I suggest you look here and download the firmware you need. Phil
    Firmwares | SamMobile

Samsung Galaxy S5 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S5 release date was April 2014. Features and Specs include a 5.1" inch screen, 16MP camera, 2GB RAM, Snapdragon 801 processor, and 2800mAh battery.

April 2014
Release Date
Reviews