1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Samsung Galaxy S6 got wet - now the power/screen lock button doesn't work

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by peripheralvision, May 23, 2017.

1. peripheralvision

Hi there! [​IMG]

A few days ago my Samsung Galaxy S6 got wet after lying next to a leaking drinking bottle in my bag. It wasn't a lot of water and the phone was probably only in the bag for around 10 minutes before I found out. I took it up and noticed that everything was working as it should - except the power/screen lock button, which didn't respond at all.

I tried leaving my phone in a bag of rice for some time, but when I took it out after about 30-36 hours, the button still wasn't working. I've also tried the volume down+power button combination, which turned the phone off. Afterwards, I used the same command to turn it on, but the problem persists.

I've downloaded the app "Button savior", which makes it a lot easier to use the phone without the button, but I would obviously prefer getting it to work again if possible. Is there anything else I can do to try to fix it? I'm obviously a bit worried about turning the phone off, because what if I can't turn it on again?

Thanks!

jackieburris750jb likes this.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

Samsung Galaxy S6 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S6 release date was April 2015. Features and Specs include a 5.1" inch screen, 16MP camera, 3GB RAM, Exynos 7420 Octa processor, and 2550mAh battery.

April 2015
Release Date
Reviews