• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Samsung Galaxy S6 (SM-G920F): ATTEMPTED TO ROOT, PHONE NOW NOT BOOTING!

XDNM

Lurker
Feb 23, 2017
EXPLANATION:

Hello,

Yesterday I successfully rooted my S6, I downloaded a few apps and got them all up and running - everything was fine. Then I downloaded an app from the Google Play Store, opened it up - and I believe I had to give it permissions or something similar and it gave a message similar to as what follows:

"Requires a system reboot, reboot may take longer than normal."

So which I accepted it, and as it said it rebooted - however it then did not start.

Therefore this morning I attempted to fix it, as I could not access 'Recovery Mode' for some reason or another and my only available option was 'Download Mode' I looked around online and found that I had to download Odin and then find whatever file I needed for my device, link it up to my computer and then install it via that - which apparently would install a stock version of android on my device - it didn't.

I have tried several different files from many different sites that are all apparently for the SM-G920F from the UK on O2 with version 6.0.1 of Android which is what I ran (all the correct data for my device) but every time it has failed for one reason or another.

I have also tried Kies, Smart Switch, and other ones suggested online but I have not been able to get any to work.

Therefore I am asking for ANYTHING that will help me, if I can recover my data great, if I have to hard reset great. I just want to be able to use my phone again.

I greatly appreciate anybody's time,effort, suggestions - anything; that they invest into this!

EXTRA INFORMATION:
DEVICE: Samsung Galaxy S6 (SM-G920F)
CARRIER: O2

DOWNLOAD MODE SCREEN:
"ODIN MODE
PRODUCT NAME: SM-G920F
CURRENT BINARY: Custom
SYSTEM STATUS: Custom
REACTIVATION LOCK: OFF
Secure Download: Enabled
KNOX WARRANTY VOID: 1 (0x0500)
AP SWREV: B:4 K:2 S:2"

NORMAL BOOTING SCREEN: (Where it says the phone model + powered by Android)
"RECOVERY IS NOT SEANDROID ENFORCING"

OTHER: I am unable to access any other screens such as recovery.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones