1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Samsung Galaxy S7 Android system battery drain

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Daniel the android guy, Jun 16, 2017.

1. Daniel the android guy

I've had this S7 for about 3 weeks. I bought it used and have loved it. the battery life started getting bad. today I charged it and I've barely used it and I'm down 25%. it's mostly android system. It drains more battery than I use. I've tried calibrating the battery, clearing cache partition, restarts, and basically everything I've found to try by surfing the internet for 4 hours. it doesn't solve this issue. my phone is up to date. what do I do now? Here's a screenshot from 8am to 2:45pm on the same day. screen is at 2%, almost everything is higher in usage than screen.

Attached Files:

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Daniel the android guy

and I forgot to mention ive tried factory resets too.

3. seVer

seVer Android Expert

Not to be "that guy", but... you've had it off the charger for nearly 7 hours, have gone down 25%, and you're concerned???

Android System is the OS. It runs everything that your phone does internally.

For comparison, here is my usage from today. Off the charger about 8am or so (Pacific time). Other than plugging in while I was using hotspot (for my kids tablet) and pandora (both while driving, and only about 20 or so minutes), I've used it about average for my normal day.

Keep in mind that, unless you're in a sealed environment with perfect service and nothing loaded/installed (not even a gmail account), you're not going to get the advertised battery life. The (up to) usage time, per Verizon's site, is 27 hours. At the rate you're going, you're likely to hit that.

edit: what is the pink hue and donuts? an overlay or theme? that will affect battery life, too.

Attached Files:

mikedt likes this.

Samsung Galaxy S7 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S7 release date was March 2016. Features and Specs include a 5.1" inch screen, 12MP camera, 4GB RAM, Exynos 8890 Octa processor, and 3000mAh battery.

March 2016
Release Date
Reviews