• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge FRP Locked&SW REV. check fail Device:4, Binary:3

Hey guys, I recently tried to root my phone, went kinda wrong --> my phone got stuck in boot loop. I had to root it correctly to make it work again. Now, I wanted to buy something online but I couldn't bcs that came with the root or something? I got the notification to switch on OEM and something else with USB so, I did, without knowing to turn it off again. After a few weeks, visited another country but didn't got signal and stuff so I thought it would help if I'd put my phone off and back on. Y'all be facepalming right now, for sure. And yeah, I shouldn't have tried to root it in the first place because I had almost no knowledge about any of this so please spare me. Well, as you all know probably, I got the message that my FRP is locked so I tried to unlock it, using forums like these ones and others. They all said the same things but somehow they don't work with me. I downloaded a few Odin version because they all got stuck in SetupConnection or failed. I have downloaded the stock firmware and did everything I should (I think).
I downloaded this firmware:
[URL="https://updato.com/firmware-archive-select-model/?record=9A306FC2821911E9951FFA163EE8F90B"[/URL]

Like I said, I downloaded a few Odin version because I read somewhere that if your device has Android 8.0.0 or higher, your Odin had to be Odin3_v3.13 or higher. So I did, I downloaded 2 higher versions (Odin3_v3.13.1 and Odin3_v3.13.3) but also Odin3_v3.12.3. I tried my firmware on all of them but it keeps saying "FAIL", I know that's because it's not the right firmware but idk which other it could be then...

Also, does that new message I've got have impact on certain things? "SW REV. CHECK FAIL (BOOTLOADER) DEVICE: 4, BINARY: 3

I've spend hours and hours searching for a solution but there's always something in my way. And yes, I downloaded the Samsung USB driver and stuff, I tried the Samsung Switch method but the app doesn't 'support this device'. I've seen guys with the same problem getting send from one link to another to download things, I'm willing to delete all I've already downloaded before if it just works... I feel like apologizing for doing stuff I didn't know much about. Please let me know if I explained something poorly, my head is just everywhere it shouldn't be right now. Thanks in advance.

Phone model: Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge
Version: SM-G935F
Android version 8.0.0 Oreo

so do you still have twrp recovery? and once FRP has been tripped you can't get around it unless you have nandroid backup which you should have done once the phone is rooted and had a custom recovery (TWRP).

all you need is your google acct info. u don't remember it?

flashing firmware will not help so i would stop right now, until we have some answers from you.

Reactions: MrJavi
Upvote 0
so do you still have twrp recovery? and once FRP has been tripped you can't get around it unless you have nandroid backup which you should have done once the phone is rooted and had a custom recovery (TWRP).

all you need is your google acct info. u don't remember it?

flashing firmware will not help so i would stop right now, until we have some answers from you.

I guess I do, I have a file that says twrp and I read about it a lot when I wanted to root my phone but I actually don't know. I do have a back up on my google acc and yes I do remember it.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
I don't really know anymore, I just searched for root downloads after my first attempt went wrong. Link to first attempt:
have you tried a hard reset?
https://www.hardreset.info/devices/samsung/samsung-g935f-galaxy-s7-edge/hardreset/first-method/

do you remember if you had usb debugging turned on before the bootloop?

Yes, I already tried that but it didn't work&I remember switchen it off or on when I switched OEM unlock ON when I tried to install a bank-app after I rooted my phone. I know I shouldn't have switched OEM, that's where it all began.

Upvote 0
When in Recovery Mode it says:

"samsung/hero2ltexx/hero2lte

7.0/NRD90M/G935FXXU1DQHC

user/release-keys

Use volume up/down and power

No support SINGLE-SKU

Supported API: 3

# MANUAL MODE #

-- Appling Multi-CSC. . .

Applied CSC-code : LUX

Successfully applied multi-CSC.

Successfully verify for dmverity hash tree

Soo I was guessing I just downloaded the wrong firmware? Bcs it said 7.0 and the CSC-code is LUX from Luxembourg (I live in Belgium). Could that be it? Because Odin kept failing or getting stuck in set partition. But I'm confused because before all this, I was looking into my settings and it said that my phone was on Android 8.0.0. and now, in Recovery Mode it says something about 7.0? Also, when I google "7.0/NRD90M/G935FXXU1DQHC", all I can find is firmware from Thailand while my CSC-code is LUX? Can that cause any (more) damage if I try to flash that firmware?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones