1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Samsung galaxy s7 edge touch suddenly unresponsive

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Cyclor2077, Sep 2, 2017.

1. Cyclor2077

Cyclor2077 Lurker
    None

Sep 2, 2017
    Hi,
    I bought a brand new samsung galaxy s7 edge 2 months ago. A couple days ago I charged the phone overnight and when i woke up in the morning the touch screen was unresponsive (the screen is still on and I get notifications but the touch just doesn't work). Iv'e tried to factory reset the phone but it didn't seem to solve the problem. Is there any other solution still available except for replacing the screen? And if a screen replacement is required which part of the screen do i need to replace?

Advertisement

2. Snakeyeskm

Snakeyeskm Android Expert

Apr 8, 2014
    Male
    Investment Banking
    US
    It's highly likely that your screen is fine, and the problem is caused by a loose physical connection. That would explain why your display remains on but is not responsive.
    See some of the videos showing the physical breakdown of the galaxy S7 there are connecting tapes from the screen to the phone motherboard. A loose connection in these tapes could the preventing the recognition of touch.

Nevertheless, you need to take your phone into an authorized dealer to get it repaired and that will cost you for the labor involved. Just pick a reputable dealer so that they don't con you into paying for the screen.

By the way, with the screen unresponsive, how did you manage a hard reset?

3. Cyclor2077

Cyclor2077 Lurker
    None

Sep 2, 2017
    I found a way to go into recovery mode... It was a button combination which included putting the phone in the charger for a couple of seconds. I don't exactly remember how I did it but you can look it up online.

Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge

The Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge launched in 2016 and was one of two of Samsung's flagship devices. The S7 Edge features a 5.5-inch display with a resolution of 2560 x 1440, 4GB of RAM, 323GB of storage, and 12MP main camera sensor.