1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Samsung Galaxy S8 Edge SM-G955N

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by SavBar, Sep 10, 2017.

1. SavBar

SavBar Lurker
    None

Sep 10, 2017
    Hey everyone. I recently purchased a galaxy s8 edge 64g sm-g955n by mistake. I thought I was getting the US phone. I finally get the phone, turn it on and absolutely nothing is the same. I don't have any of the same menu options, it is only showing 2g of storage total, and it is running lollipops. It is the same outside as the s8 with fingerprint sensor and all but I can't use it because I have no menu options or anything. I don't have any security (fingerprint, iris, face recognition.) I can't customize anything but the wallpaper. What can I do to get all the features of a real s8?

Advertisement

2. mikedt

mikedt 你好

Sep 22, 2010
    Teachaaa
    Jinan, China
    I believe that's a Korea only version. If it's only showing 2G service in the United States, there's likely not a lot you can do about that, apart from possibly returning for a refund. 2G storage, that definitely doesn't sound right.

If it's a knock-off S8 Edge you've got, you're not going to be able to do anything. Where did you buy it, e.g. Ebay? The easiest way to tell a fake S8 Edge is to look at the screen edges, a real one the AMOLED is actually curved, fakes use a cheap LCD which is not.

If you have been sold a counterfeit, ultimately you might have to seek legal action against the seller.

#2 mikedt, Sep 10, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 10, 2017