• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Samsung Galaxy S8 Front camera focus problem

Vame

Lurker
Apr 24, 2017
I just got my Samsung Galaxy S8 today, and everything worked fine until I went to the camera application. The rear facing camera functions nicely, but whenever I switch over to the front facing camera (selfie-cam), it just starts focusing in and out repeatedly on my face until it gets blurry. The only "way" of refocusing it is if I take the phone and place it a lot further from my face (about an arms reach). This is obviously not the intended behavior. I have tried resetting the options and clearing the cache on the app itself, but no luck. Even tried installing some other camera application, in hopes that it was a software issue within the camera application, but still, no luck. Hope someone can help me with this issue, as I JUST got the damn thing and it is not working as it should :-(

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones