• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Samsung Galaxy S8 Phone device on PC has no contents "this folder is empty"

It sounds like you needed to simply select the correct connection type when you connected your phone.

Normally the first time you plug your phone in Windows detects it and installs the driver for it, once complete it will notify you.

Once this is done, if you simply let it connect all you will see is the root folder that appears to be empty. (As you saw)

To resolve this make sure your phone is unlocked before you connect it. Once connected pull down the status bar on your phone and select file transfer or the like under USB settings.

Now with my S8+ I no longer have to pull the menu down as (if my phone is unlocked) a popup will display in the center of my screen asking if I wish to share my files, a quick touch on ok and my phone is connected.

Reactions: Jfalls63
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones