1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Samsung Galaxy S9+ overheats while charging

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by albanian_5, May 8, 2020.

1. albanian_5

albanian_5 Newbie

Hi, I have a samsung S9+.
    The problem is that most of the times my charger overheats like hell wich sometimes affect by heating the phone too. My charger isnt original, I've tested other charges but its still the same. What would u suggest me its phones fault or charger ?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. mikedt

mikedt 你好

Is it the original Samsung charger, or some other third-party one? Because some non-brand USB chargers may not be so good, especially if it's cheapo.

MrJavi and ocnbrze like this.
  3. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!

you say you "tested other chargers, but it is still the same", does this mean the other chargers overheat as well?

MrJavi and mikedt like this.
  4. albanian_5

albanian_5 Newbie

Yes, the other charges overheat too... i bought new one, it worked in the first days and than it started to overheat

5. albanian_5

albanian_5 Newbie

Yeas they are third-party ones and fast. I bought new one a bit more expensive but it worked good in first time but now keeps overheating.

6. electricpete

electricpete Android Expert

try turning off fast charging in Settings /device care / battery / fast charging / off

maybe try a different cord.

if worst comes to worst, you might try wireless charging (not that it's a substitute...takes longer)

ocnbrze likes this.
  7. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!

well the one thing that will always happen when charging is that will will be generated no matter what. how hot are they getting? you may want to go back to the samsung charger.

Samsung Galaxy S9 Plus Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S9 Plus release date was March 2018. Features and Specs include a 6.2" screen, 12MP camera, 6GB storage, Exynos 9810 processor, and 3500mAh battery.

March 2018
Release Date
Reviews