1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Samsung Galaxy SII - Black Screen/Data Recovery

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by pattyman, Aug 12, 2012.

1. pattyman

pattyman Lurker

Evening all,

Apologies if this post has happened before, really hope someone can help me.

This morning I left my phone in my bootbag. Came back and noticed there was a small crack not in the cover itself but the actual screen. Now the screen is black, doesn't seem like an liquid has spilt like when a screen breaks (But then what do I know?!).

I got a friend to phone it, it still rings.. vibrates, the two lights either side of the button still light up.. does what it usually should. But the screen itself remains black. I plugged it into Kies via USB in the hope I could create a backup and order a new phone. But because it has a keylock on the home screen. I need to unlock that in order for Kies to connect.

Is there any other way at all I can remove the sufficient data? E.g. Photo's, Videos.. as there's alot of sentimental things on there. I should really learn to start backing things up. But its always too late to say that.

Really appreciate some feedback if anyone can hand it to me.

Regards,

Patman.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

Samsung Galaxy S2 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S2 release date was April 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4210 Dual processor, and 1650mAh battery.

April 2011
Release Date
Reviews