1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Samsung Galaxy Slll email problems ??

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by wilsha1911, Aug 22, 2012.

1. wilsha1911

wilsha1911 Lurker

Hi, I am just new to this site and am wondering if someone could help me at all.

I have recently upgraded to the Samsung Galaxy S3 and everything is great, apart from the fact I cannot get my emails to my phone, i have set up the Gmail account and also made sure notifications are switched on etc, but still nothing comes through to my phone until I go in and refresh them.

If anyone could help that would be fantastic.:)

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Crashdamage

Crashdamage Android Expert

What email client are you using? Only the dedicated Gmail app does true push email with a Gmail account. Any client will do auto-polling at a set interval.

3. jerofld

jerofld Fixing stuff is not easy

I would try clearing the data on the GMail app first. To do this, open your app drawer. Find GMail. Hold it like you're going to add it to a homescreen, then drag it to "App Info" on the bottom. From here, clear data. Then open Gmail again so it does it's first sync.

This happens to me on a new phone, after a factory reset, or flashing a different ROM, regardless of the phone. So it appears to be a Gmail thing. Give it a shot :)

4. wilsha1911

wilsha1911 Lurker

The client i use is actually google that is who my account it with but doesnt work ? I also tried to clear the data like you said but emails still not coming through as notification ?? Any other suggestions

5. Crashdamage

Crashdamage Android Expert

Log into your Gmail account on a computer and check in the settings if push email is enabled.