• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 Frozen

cfd838

Lurker
Dec 19, 2014
Hey all,

Im new to the forum so im not sure of any rules that are supposed to be followed so please excuse me if i did something wrong here. Also apologies for it being so long and winded.

Heres the problem:

Ive searched for this same issue for the last few days and couldnt find a scenario like mine. Ive found people saying that they had shut the tablet off and it got frozen or that it randomly turned off and froze upon restart. My issue is from a software update. I cant remember off the top of my head which one it was but i want to say it was towards the middle of last year (2013). I had the issue like others have had where the software wouldnt download becase to system would not turn off fully, i ignored the update for a few months when i accidentally hit the button to download it. I thought that it wouldnt be a big deal because it would just say "failed to update" like normal. Except this time the device had actually turned off and I noticed it was actually downloading.

Once it finished downloading it restarted...which is where my problem began. It got frozen on the "Samsung" screen. I shut it off and restarted it...same thing. I realized that the "music" it plays when starting would skip and than it would freeze. I searched for answers and found the "Volume button + power button" trick to get to the command(?) screen (the one where you can resest to factory data, update with usb cable, etc.) I didnt really want to reset it to factory data so I tried the cache wipe because I had read that that might help...nothing. It actually came up with the droid doll "dead" and said "error" and reboot.

After a few tries with that I decided to wipe it clean and start fresh...NOPE! It would go through the steps of resesting to factory but it would keep getting stuck on the same screen. I obviously havent tried again in awhile due to the fact that I had gotten a laptop, the only issue is I have a new job where it would be much easier to use the tablet than the laptop. I also dont want to have to get a new one (unless my current tablet is beyond repair) due to the fact that before this issue I really liked the tab.

Is there any hope?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones