• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7" Wifi wont connect explained.

Dentaa

Lurker
Mar 17, 2013
First off, I never post. I am not a hacker, techie or engineer.
I leave it to them most of the time to solve gadget issues.
This issue though, after exhaustive research, was not solved anywhere.
So here it is.

You have a brand new Galaxy Tab 2 7" or 10" and fresh out of the box it wont connect to your wifi. It says it is, but it wont get internet. You even check your router admin page and you see its NOT on the mac client list.

So you call Samsung. They have you do a factory reset, soft, then hard. They then have you try a few other resets. None of these work.

So you call you internet provider. Maybe its the router. You reset your router, hard and soft. You fiddle with this and that. Nothing.

So the next morning you drive up to the public library and WALLAH! Your new tablet gets internet just fine.

For all those who are suffering from this... Its the Tablet. SOME Tab 2's but not all, have issues with some routers regarding IP or mac addresses. Whatever it is you after a bit of research on the internet will see you are not alone, but there is no work around.

Solution: Take it back. Samsung offered to replace mine but I had the insurance from Best Buy and had just bought it so i got a new one there. I brought the new one home and it works perfectly.

So whatever the cause is I am saying simply take it back.
If that is not an option. Then I have no advice.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones