• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 wifi (NO phone) T230N Android 4.4.2

tuxic

Lurker
Jul 11, 2015
Hi,

Hello all, this is my second "first posting" here! :)

(I originally posted my question to "Android rooting" and funkylogic points me to this forum, because
it is the better place to ask...)

I am at the VERY beginning of all rooting/android/tablet things and before I dig into the very deep of this
fascinating stuff I want to ask only a very few questions to explore, whether it is worth the effort with this
device or better to get another one. I have some experience in software development and embedded devices
though (Linux based/ Beaglebone Black/Arietta G25 both ARM platform).

The device is a Galaxy TAB 4 7.0 SM-T230N WI-FI 8GB and its modell number is: SM-T230NYKADBT

I have searched the Web for answers and unfortunately found contradictionay answers...so: better ask
the professionals of the inner circle here...;)

Does it have Knox?
Is it rootable -- prefreable without knocking on the door of an e-fuse (please give me keyword with which I can start my search for the way to go)?
IF Knox will switch from 0x0 to 0x1 are there any hardware features which will no longer work
and cannot be reactivated by a different software/kernel (I read of some very case where wifi stopped working...)?
WHAT exactly will I lost, if Knox is triggered -- beside the warranty itsself?

A last additional question, which came up recently: Is it possible to check for the kind of processor
(Qualcomm snapdragon or Marvel PXA<correct number here>) right at the dealer without altering
anything in the device (a ka download tools). For example is there a terminal application, from where
a 'cat /proc/cpuinfo' would work?
Forget the modelnumber for a moment: Are there any SM T230N 7.0 Wifi out there with
a Qualcomm Snapdragon?

And if it is still a good way to go: What is the recommended tool/way to root this device?

Thank you VERY much for any help in advance!
Best regards and have a nice weekend!
tuxic

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones