1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Samsung galaxy tab 8.9 UI

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by anden7100, Apr 15, 2012.

1. anden7100

anden7100 Lurker

Hi Guys
    I have recently bought a samsung galaxy tab 8.9 and i generally like it. But.... I find the visual performance of the device,
    especially when opening apps, quite laggy or rough. Is it in any way possible to change this for the better. I have thougt of
    rooting my device and the use System app freezer to kill any unnecessary background app. Will that help improve the visual
    animations? Shall i just wait for the ICS upgrade?
    I hope you will be able to help me on this one....

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Covart

Covart Android Enthusiast

I have the same tablet. The Honeycomb/TW UI is the worst OS I have ever used or seen. I am using my ipad2 until the official ICS update is released, which is supposed to be very soon.

3. chanchan05

chanchan05 The Doctor

Just get a new launcher.

4. CafeKampuchia

CafeKampuchia Android Expert

To answer your question, freezing apps won't help.

Getting a new launcher will help some. The best one out there (general consensus) is ADWLauncher EX, but it will cost you $3.

I've rooted my tablet and installed a custom ICS ROM (see my signature). It has revolutionized this device. The only downside is that there are no camera drivers for ICS (yet), but I don't use the camera on this much so I don't care. I won't be going back to Honeycomb.

Samsung is expected to release the official ICS-based TouchWiz ROM this quarter if you want to wait. That will also solve my camera driver issue.

nuismer likes this.

Samsung Galaxy Tab 8.9 Forum

Features and specs are not yet known.

unknown
Release Date
Reviews