1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 12.2, wi-fi connection issue

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Ben9652, Dec 29, 2020.

1. Ben9652

Ben9652 Lurker

I have just changed the battery on my Pro 12.2 (not the 4G varient), after which the wi-fi has stopped working.

It wasn’t the best at holding a connection latterly anyway; a sign of its age perhaps. But now the settings page doesn't see or list any available wi-fi access points.
    I am wondering whether I might have dislodged or damaged the wi-fi module somehow when I replaced the battery. I have searched for a picture or a diagram that shows where the wi-fi module is located, but so far with no success.

I wondered if anyone can help me to:
    • locate where the wi-fi module is situated;
    • confirm whether wi-fi performance degradation with age is an issue with the Pro 12.2;
    • clarify how / whether I can check to make sure that I haven’t simply loosened a connector somewhere;
    • and whether the module is replaceable or is an integral part of the motherboard.
    I would hate to have to bin what is still a great tablet, particularly having just bought a new battery for it.

Thanks in advance...

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!

first thing first.....have you tried rebooting the router? if not try that first.

3. Ben9652

Ben9652 Lurker

Cerrtainly a good place to start ocnbrze...

Thanks for your help and for your prompt reply.

The tablet doesn't see any access points at all however. I should have four visible points of connection to my own two routers, and can usually see my neighbour's routers and printers too; but nothing is shows up. Toggling the wi-fi ON in settings brings up the message "turning on...", and it just sits there, turning on... until it defaults to off again a little under a minute later.

All of the access points are fully visible to my other wi-fi devices.

Rebooting both routers has made no difference.

I'm not too knowedgeable about these things; but for the possibility that bluetooth might be part of the same wireless module, I have tested bluetooth and it work normally. I have also toggled flight mode on and off, which has made no difference to the wi-fi.

Hope this will be helpful?

ocnbrze likes this.
  4. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!

Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 12.2 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 12.2 release date was March 2014. Features and Specs include a 12.2" inch screen, 8MP camera, 3GB RAM, Exynos 5420 Octa processor, and 9500mAh battery.

March 2014
Release Date
Reviews