• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Samsung Galaxy Tab S 8.4-Inch battery replaceable?

Despotes

Feb 22, 2011
Maine
I'm considering the 8.4" Tab S, but would like to know if the battery can be replaced after it reaches the end of it's life cycle. I don't mind a little modding if I have to.
Also, can you use the GPS function with Google maps (aerial images?) as a fully functional navigation unit w/o wifi or any connection?
I don't need a Data plan/Sim card to access Google maps do I?

Last edited:
I'm considering the 8.4" Tab S, but would like to know if the battery can be replaced after it reaches the end of it's life cycle. I don't mind a little modding if I have to.
Also, can you use the GPS function with Google maps (aerial images?) as a fully functional navigation unit w/o wifi or any connection?
I don't need a Data plan/Sim card to access Google maps do I?
The battery is not replaceable as easy as a typical smart phone, but it's not terribly difficult. You'll need a special tool to get the back off, then its 4 screws and unhooking the pin connector and slapping the new one in...
$69.95 @ www.newpower99.com
For the Google maps you need a network connection, so no you can't navigate with it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones