• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Samsung Galaxy Tab S SM-T800 stuck in boot screen can't turn off

mikinz

Lurker
Dec 27, 2015
I have just rooted my Samsung Galaxy Tab S SM-T800 and I tried [ROM][6.0.1][UNOFFICIAL][WIP] ResurrectionRemix- SM-T800
Anyway it didn't work as I would like it ie = no camera wouldn't recognize my mico sd card, so I tried to revert back to stock firmware via this tutorial https://theunlockr.com/2014/08/09/how-to-unroot-the-samsung-galaxy-tab-s-10-5-wifi/
I have downloaded odin and firmware for New Zealand and gone through the procedure. The only way I could get into download mode was plug in the Samsung plug that enables it into download mode once turned on.
And after trying to flash stock firmware its just stuck in boot mode and I can't turn off and can't remove battery, so let it go flat overnight recharged. And retried and and I'm still stuck in boot screen.
Any help

Android version 5.0.2
I have sorted my problem with stuck in boot screen downloaded UK firmware and it loaded OK, the other NZ ones were missing MD5 what ever that was!
Anyway managed to get into recovery and then finally it loaded the UK firmware now back to stock. should have left it with the Nova launcher and it behaves better than all the Samsung splash screens which I don't like.
I did find it awkward trying to press the three buttons on a tablet with my 74 year old fingers.
There doesn't seem to be as many roms available as phones for this tablet might look for lollipop 5.1.1

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones