1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 wont boot into recovery.

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by jamtin53, Sep 19, 2016.

1. jamtin53

jamtin53 Newbie
    None

The above machine is rooted. I have been trying to make a nandroid back up. When I try to get into recovery, using vol up, home and power, machine stalls on the first screen. I have quick reboot installed and when I try to go into recovery from there I get the same result. I am unable to use the power button at this stage. To get the machine running again I have to use the download mode, home,vol down and power, then choose vol down to restart. At times this is not enough and I have to use Odin and a cf_autoroot tar to get back to a working machine. I would say that my difficulty is a result of something I have done, the machine works well other than this issue.
    What I eventually want to do is flash some roms and I don't want to go forward till I have the nandroid back up.
    Any help resolving this issue most appreciated.

Advertisement

2. jamtin53

jamtin53 Newbie
    None

Anyone seen this before?

3. Jfalls63

Jfalls63 Android Expert

May 15, 2015
    Male
    Electrician
    Satsuma,Alabama
    What is the complete model number and which custom recovery did you try to install?

jamtin53 likes this.
  4. jamtin53

jamtin53 Newbie
    None

Gooday Jfalls63 and thanks for responding. Model number is SM-T 810. I think it happened when I was trying to run CF-Auto-Root-gts210wifi-gts210wifixx-smt810
    I have been having some difficulty around doing a nandroid back up so I thought if I ran the auto root it may straighten out whatever was wrong with the original root I did. Stupid eh? I got the nandroid back up on my phone sorted and was hoping to do the same to this Tab S2. My guess as to where I glitched it is when I was connecting the tab to my laptop I did one of the steps backwards. I have TWRP on the machine but didn't understand how to use it back when I was doing this. Also I thought that if I did a factory reset I might be able to start again but when I try to do that it stalls on that same screen after restarting and no reset done.

#4 jamtin53, Sep 20, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2016
  5. Jfalls63

Jfalls63 Android Expert

May 15, 2015
    Male
    Electrician
    Satsuma,Alabama
    A factory reset will not repair anything that was modified in the system. If you want to return to stock out of the box condition, you need to reflash your stock firmware with Odin.
    Should be able to find the firmware for your country here.
    http://www.sammobile.com/firmwares/database/SM-T810/

This is a good guide to using TWRP
    http://www.androidtipsandhacks.com/root/twrp-the-complete-guide-to-using-recovery-on-android/

Create a free account at Sammobile. Free download is slow but trusted site for stock firmware.

svim and jamtin53 like this.
  6. jamtin53

jamtin53 Newbie
    None

Thank you so much jfalls63. I will get on to this tomorrow when my retirement from the workforce begins.

Jfalls63 likes this.
  7. jamtin53

jamtin53 Newbie
    None

Thanks again Jfalls63. It took an hour to download and 5 minutes to apply. I am most grateful, if you are ever down this way I owe you several beers. Which method of rooting would you recommend and given my training wheels status what would be a good rom to try?

8. Jfalls63

Jfalls63 Android Expert

May 15, 2015
    Male
    Electrician
    Satsuma,Alabama
    I don't have your model tab but looking at XDA, all you should have to do is flash latest version of TWRP with Odin then flash the latest version of SuperSu with TWRP.
    I recommend reading the whole thread
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/tab-s2/general/root-mm-t810-t3388102.

Not sure about what custom Roms are available but would trust sources at XDA.

jamtin53 and badcatz like this.
  9. jamtin53

jamtin53 Newbie
    None

Thank you.