• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Samsung Galaxy Tab SCH-I800 upgrade to JellyBean

There are Cyanogenmod packages for Jellybean, but they are still in testing. The latest stable, is still ICS. You might consider holding at ICS for now.
oh.. Thank You jasonacg...
I flashed JellyBean Cyanogenmod package.. works like charm in it..
only trouble sound not working.. need to google it..
any help appreciated..
works well stuffs like .. camera (except front), wifi, bluetooth.. wife tethering .. cool..
touch response is also good..

Upvote 0
I decided to try the Jellybean packages for myself. I do have sound on mine. Tried Youtube, netflix, and a few other things, and it's working. Also getting notification sounds.

My biggest issue, is with Google Maps. It won't retrieve my current location. The GPS is active (and the icon shows that it has a location fix), and other applications, including Facebook and GPS Status will report my position, but the Google applications don't seem to be getting that data.

I have not tried Bluetooth or tethering. I deactivated my device two months ago, and work only from WiFi. That seems to be working well.

Upvote 0
I'm using the nightly builds from the Cyanogenmod website.

After a few weeks, here's what I've noticed:
1) Device freezes. This has been happening on previous versions, too...not unique to CM10. It just won't come out of standby sometimes, without a hard reset.

2) Wifi. It can handle basic, quick tasks with no problem. But on a large download (like the next nightly build), the wireless connection will just drop, for no reason. I'm the sole user of a 75-megabit fiber connection, in point-blank range of the router. So, it's definitely something within the device, and nothing related to signal quality or network overload.

3) GPS. Unlike my initial experience, Google Maps can now receive GPS data correctly, but it seems like it might still be hit-or-miss with some other GPS-dependent apps.

Overall, I'm ready to suggest it for installation. Although it's still in nightly builds, it seems stable enough to use regularly.

Upvote 0
Look for the one that says experimental-p1c-cdesai. Its for the sch-1800

My only issue with Jellybean is that the interface looks like a big phone again on my tablet - you can remedy this to some degree by removing the persistent search bar, but eliminating the app drawer icon is not an option (as far as I've tried), and maintaining the notification bar and navigation keys at the bottom of the screen while in portrait mode is aesthetically superior imo...

I could be all wrong about this, and I really hope that I am, since the most recent nightly build is rather snappy...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones