1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Samsung Galaxy Tab7 Plus Kies/VPN Problems

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by skeeter7766, Dec 26, 2011.

1. skeeter7766

skeeter7766 Lurker

I recently purchased a Samsung Galaxy Tab 7 Plus from a Best Buy store in the U.S. after having read many reviews in such places like Consumer Reports online. It was rated the best 7 inch tablet of all so I bought it. The booklet that came with it leaves much to desire, and the pdf file that you have to download from the kind of confusing, Samsung web site is too brief on all the items in the SGT7Plus to give you a very clear idea of what to do. I have been into computing, and owned many PCs, Palm PDAs, and netbooks, and used many Windows, and Linux programs since the early 1990s, and Samsung's booklet for what you pay for, $399 plus tax, is not very well made, and detracts from Samsung's reputation.

I talked to several Samsung techs about problems with the Kies backup program, and the VPN, and they all didn't know as much as they should have known, or they never used the SGT7P, or read all of the instructions. By the way, the navigation part of the help file is in Korean, and one of the techs did know that, but had nothing further to say on that subject. He told be to drag and drop files with the Kies program after I got the following message.

------------------------
    Back up

Not enough storage space on PC. Check the amount of space available and try again.

OK
    ------------------------

I have at least 21 GB of space on my drive. I told him, and others that I have Windows Pro with SP3 and the most recent updates, and space was not a problem. He had nothing to say, and didn't bother to check any further.

I have read that Samsung Kies is a real problem with many on other forums when in comes to smart phones and tablets, and that VPN does and does not work. Many question have gone unanswered, which I have seen on many other forums for at least the past ten years. Too bad!

I have the latest Kies program, which I even uninstalled, and reinstalled, and it still won't back up my SGT7Plus, so if I get no constrctive solution to the above two problems, and there are others that I have no time to ask about right now, I will take this tablet back, and say good-bye to Android and the tablet. I would rather not have to do that, but.....

Does anyone have an answer to the Samsung Kies backup problem?

All I can say as a once active, consumer advocate, is, Buyer Beware! :mad:

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.0 Plus Forum

Features and specs are not yet known.

unknown
Release Date
Reviews