1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Samsung Galaxy Talk Assistant trouble

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by dleslie, Jul 22, 2013.

1. dleslie

dleslie Lurker
    None

Jul 22, 2013
    .Have a Samsung galaxy 3g boost mobile android. I wish I can give you other specifics but I cannot unlock my phone. Last night was going over my settings and by mistake I happened to click on talk assistant for people that are hearing impaired. When I saw what I did, I pressed the lock key down like I always do, and talk assistant instructed me to press twice and hold down lock key. I did that at least 30 times, and it will not allow me to go into phone, I cant even turn the phone off. Can someone help me with this problem? I don't know what do to because it is not allowing me to even get into the phone to disable it. HELP...

Advertisement

2. Mehta23

Mehta23 Android Expert
    None

Hi there dleslie, and welcome to the forums!

Just to confirm, is your device the Galaxy Prevail?

Have you tried removing the battery and rebooting that way? The only other thing I can think of is to do a factory reset.

I'll alert this problem to the other Guides to see if they will have any useful input

3. new optimus

new optimus Android Expert
    None

Mar 10, 2011
    Jax Fl
    If you want to factory reset, and Im not advocating you do so right away, you can pull the battery then put it back in and press and hold camera button volume up and power til you get stock recovery then do factory reset.

If this is the galaxy prevail as my colleague has indicated.

I Think I recall someone in the prevail forum with that trouble a long time back let me check.

Mehta23 likes this.
  4. new optimus

new optimus Android Expert
    None

Mar 10, 2011
    Jax Fl
    Im sorry I looked but I can not find it, I know I read something about that but it escapes me now.

Mehta23 likes this.