1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Samsung Galaxy Watch Titanium

Discussion in 'Wear Os' started by Mike20878, Oct 2, 2020.

1. Mike20878

Mike20878 Well-Known Member

I think this isn't out yet. It looks really nice. I'm curious about the sleep monitoring function. Who actually wears their watch to bed? I don't understand this feature.

2. olbriar

olbriar  

I never wear my watch to bed. It is a Galaxy watch that will monitor action as well as sleep. My wife has always worn her watch to bed. She was an early adopter of Fitbit and has gone through a number of them through the years. Neither of us has an interest in tracking our sleep. There has to be a decent market for sleep tracking watches for they all seem to have the feature. Different strokes for different people.

ocnbrze likes this.
  3. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!

same here i have had the galaxy watch since they first came out. never wore them to bed. for me it is uncomfortable. i wear the watch all day. i do not think my wrists could take wearing them for the entire day 24/7.

i have sleep apnea and use a cpap machine, so there really is no need to monitor my sleep as i get great sleep now, since i have been using my cpap machine.

olbriar likes this.
  4. Hadron

Hadron Smoke me a kipper...
    VIP Member

It's a popular feature, but yes, you need to wear it at night to work. I do often wear my fitbit at night, though never my real watches, but I loosen the strap a little overnight. I don't know how good the Samsung's sleep tracking is, but I regard the fitbit's as a slight joke: if I wake up but lie still it almost always records me as falling asleep again, even when I know for sure I did not. But I do find the ability to set an alarm which won't disturb my wife handy at times.

olbriar likes this.
  5. WolfSpyryt

WolfSpyryt Lurker

I have this watch and like it. For people with sleep disorders, the monitoring can be helpful. The price tag is a little steep for the performance and lack of titanium band. 3.5 stars is all I would give. I prefer the performance and functionality of the TicWatch Pro 3 GPS. I get up to 4 days battery with the Tic. In the end, I would buy again.