• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 5

A prototype showed up at CES and it looks very impressive. The teardrop hinge design should all but eliminate the main display crease. Now all we need is an onboard S Pen (that can be used on BOTH front and main panels) and we have a winner!
yessssss frontal panel s-pen option would be great!!!!!!

i saw something that i call bs on a random rumor site that said z fold 5 will have an s-pen holder. it sighted no evidence to support such a claim. i will continue to hold my breath until it is confirmed. i hope i can hold out.....lol

i also heard about the teardrop hinge. i really hope this is true. but tbh i rarely notice the crease.

Reactions: The_Chief
Upvote 0
i also heard about the teardrop hinge. i really hope this is true. but tbh i rarely notice the crease.

Oh, I do! Especially if I turn the phone to landscape to watch a video or view photos, even the Fold 4 has a glaring horizontal line in the center of the screen. The crease isn't nearly as awful as previous Fold versions... but a teardrop hinge that gently curves the UTG without folding it & creasing it would be awesome.

As much as I'd love to see the S Pen back on the RIGHT edge of the phone, I've come to terms with the fact that Samsung values the camera module a lot more than it does convenient S Pen placement. Even if Samsung could park the S Pen silo on the right side of the fold, next to the hinge to the left of the USB-C port, I'd be happy. Adding a digitizer layer to the front panel wouldn't take up THAT much room... and new processors are so power-efficient that Samsung can afford to use slightly smaller batteries. How many of us really use our phone for more than 24 hours without charging it?

Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones