• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Samsung Galazy GT - I5700 Help Please

oasiskris

Lurker
Mar 11, 2010
Hi all

Looked through the other threads but couldnt find the answer.

I got the phone the other day loving it, but i cant get my pc to reconise it at all.

Installed the usb driver that came on the disc but i get the message "NPS is not exist".

Also after installing the samsung pc studio it cant find the phone either.

Im desperate for help as one of the reasons i bought it was to use as an mp3 player.

My operating system is Windows 7.

Also tried Kies but same cant find the phone :(.

Thanks in advance for any help.

If you just need to put files on your phone, don't use Kies and don't use NPS.

With both of those closed, connect your phone to your PC with the USB cable. When they're connected, look at the notification bar on the phone. There should be a notification asking you to 'mount' your phone. Touch it, and it should show up on your PC as a USB device. Then you can just drag files from Windows to your sdcard.

If that doesn't work, on your phone, open Settings => About phone => Additional settings and make sure Mass Storage Only is checked

Upvote 0
I have read the threads and the options that have been put on forums and the web, but I don't want to invalidate the warranty.

I have found the simplest way to get them talking and able to see the device and use the device to add and upload mp3 and such like, is a simple one I installed Auto Mount from the market.

My Phone Samsung Galaxy Spica is using the new version of pc studio 1.3 and has already had an updated version of 1.5 using this method.

Linux need to have devices mounted, so the AUTO MOUNT does just that, it allows for the system to be seen.

thank you (AUTO MOUNT)

Bu3

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones