1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Samsung Galazy S2 using different OS after upgrade

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by antionevj1165, Aug 1, 2013.

1. antionevj1165

antionevj1165 Lurker

My Samsung Galaxy S2 is under Boost Mobile. I just upgraded it to 4.1.2 and now it is using the Sprint logo instead of the Boost logo. The whole OS is different from what Boost Mobile has on their website I do not understand this.

Basically what I am saying is my phone notified me that an upgrade was available, so I went on and installed it with the help of Kies. After I installed it the original Boost Mobile logo that appears when the screen comes on is replaced by a Sprint 4g logo. I am totally freaking out because I do not know what has just happened. Am I doing something illegal? Will Boost Mobile know about this?
    I can still make calls and I still have my same phone number, but the operating system is completely different. It is that of those using sprint as their carrier. The Boost ID app is replaced with a Sprint ID app. I am so scared because I do not know if I broke my phone... Someone please help me. I would bring it to a Boost Mobile store but they are closed for remodeling...:(

Advertisement

2. funkylogik

funkylogik share the love peeps ;)

Firstly dont panic. You did nothing wrong :beer: just go see them on monday and theyll probably flash it with boost firmware :thumbup:

3. antionevj1165

antionevj1165 Lurker

Sorry it took so long for me to reply thanks for your help. They flashed it with the boost firmware. The guy that works there said its common for that to happen. Thanks again bud :)

funkylogik likes this.
  4. funkylogik

funkylogik share the love peeps ;)

No problem man. Glad youre sorted :beer: