• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Samsung Gear VR Games List?

Rob

Galaxy S20 Ultra
News Moderator
Administrator
  • Mar 26, 2008
    androidforums.com
    The Galaxy VR is currently in developers beta so obviously there will be a limited number of games available until developers have time to work on their wares. That being said... I'm wondering if there is a list of games officially compatible with the Gear VR?

Would also be cool to have a list of games unofficially supported... perhaps from devs that are in need of beta testers for Gear VR games.

I think this would also be helpful in attracting new users to the platform who are interested in seeing what type of games they'll be able to play when and if they purchase.

Mods/Guides: feel free to keep this post updated with a bulleted/link list to games etc...

I think games will not be real common until the ecosystem is established and devs see revenue potential. That is unless Samsung is going to subsidize them until the ecosystem exists.

Mainly got mine for movies, but could see this being cool for adventure/survival type 1st person games and zombie shooters, etc. I would buy that :)

Upvote 0
    I'll start:

I'm kinda smitten with Bandit Six. It puts you in the tailgunner seat of a WWII bomber, and you have to defend your plane against incoming enemy fighters. Gorgeous graphics!

I'm also looking forward to trying Star Chart, which apparently lets you explore the solar system in virtual reality... see any planet or moon from any perspective. We'll see... as soon as my new Gear VR gets here!

What are YOUR favorites and why?

:)

Upvote 0
    A good beginner movie under 'shorts' is The Fifth Sleep.
    The Rilix rollercaoster was cool, very short though.
    Games: InCell - Smash Hit - Drift - Affected....plus many others.
    If you have friends or relatives around the world you can use Altspace or VTime to go into rooms and talk...very cool.
    Also like watching movies including videos from your phone in a full size theater in samsung vr video player.

I find more and more every time I am in VR.

End Space great game!

I recommend exploring the vast amount of free content but the games are cheap too. FUN STUFF!

Last edited:
    Reactions: The_Chief
    Upvote 0
    I'm surprised that there doesn't yet seem to be a selection of different Home Screen environments to choose from. The "apartment" is cool, but it'd be nice to be able to change it up now and then.

I think we are still in the infancy of the VR era, with so much to look forward to. This will happen in the near future. I can see us creating our own lobbies with video here, music over there, custom everything. I do know that it takes a ton of bandwidth and data speed to really dig deep into VR, so when everything catches up/becomes more affordable to main stream, then that's when the fun might really begin....IMO...of course.

Reactions: normcash
    Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones